Chapter 4- A hero's gamble

The next day, you wake up around 5 AM just to take a shower and to cook yourself some breakfast. After finishing your bath, you make your way to the kitchen and grab a bottle of water from the fridge. Today is your first day as the new CEO of Daniel's company and you will try your best to make one best first impression. You walk to your bedroom with the water bottle in your hand and sit down in front of the dresser. You do some light makeup and get dressed afterward.

You make sure to pack your bags and take your coat with you. You lock the door behind you and take the elevator to the garage of the building. You place your bag in the backseat of the car then drive to work.

You arrive in front of the familiar building and sigh. You really miss Daniel. You walk inside the elevator and it feels so weird because of how quiet it is. You walk through the hallway of the building heading to your office and look around. Why is it so quiet in here? You arrive in front of your office door and twist the knob open. Why is the door open? Didn't you lock it? You walk inside the office and reach for the light.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" You hear a bunch of screams and the lights suddenly turn on. You see all of the workers in front of you, congratulating you on your new position. How did they know?

"Thank you, guys. Oh my god, you guys are so sweet." You say and pout looking at them smiling. They are so nice.

"We're so proud of you, I knew you could do it!" A guy named Kasui says and you hug him. Ever since you've been working in Daniel's company, he has always been a great help.

"How did you guys know?" You ask as you place one of the cone hats on your head. They look at you and squeal.

"Daniel filled us in. Congrats!" Kasui says. You nod smile at them while placing your bag on your chair.

"How about I treat you guys for a meal tomorrow?" They all cheer and they later leave the room leaving Kasui behind. You stare at him and he stares at you. You look at him probably wondering why he is here in your office instead of going to his.

"Oh, I'm here because I will be your assistant." He says and you nod. That explains why he is here. He later leaves the room with you following him behind because he will be bringing you to your new office.

You guys arrive in front of Daniel's old office and he opens the door. You take a peep of the new office and you smile. The room is completely renovated and new, the office looks so new. There are new furniture and new bookshelves. You walk inside the office and look around then look at Kasui. 

"Daniel told me that this is how you like your furniture so I had to look for the furniture that is close to how you like them." You turn around and look at the office again, there's a beautiful view of the city, that view is one of a kind. You made it, that's all you wanted, for you to level up in your work and be with Bakugo. Well, you probably won't get the last one but there's still hope. You are in love with an emotionally unavailable man, so there are no hopes in that.

Kasui leaves the office to go get something in the basement of the company when you receive a phone call. You look at the caller's ID and it's Daniel calling. You clear your throat and answer the call.

"Hey Daniel, I just got in the office, you honestly didn't have to do that you know. I could have redecorated it myself. You have done enough for me already." You say and you hear him sigh.

"I knew you were going to say that which is why I had Kasui do the renovation without your consent."

"But that's not fair Daniel, you've done enough for me already."

"Stop complaining Y/N. Goodbye Y/N."

"What do you mean goodbye? Daniel......Hey.....Did you just hang up on me?"