Chapter 19- He's Back

BOOK II- Life without Bakugo

When I tell you that this is NOT how I plan the book to end or to be, I mean it. For the second part of Savior with Pride, it's something inspired by one of the comments in the last chapter, hehehehehe. ENJOYYYYYY

Bakugo is just standing there in confusion. For the first time in forever, he is unable to comprehend anything that's going on right now. He didn't know what to do, give his wife a long-lasting kiss or run to you and stop your wounds from spilling out more blood. Bakugos left to make a difficult choice. You or his wife?

But as a hero, the first thing he should do is tend to the ones that are injured first. No matter how persistent he is, wanting to know how his wife is alive. No matter how much he wants to figure out how his wife is alive, he needs to go to you first. When his legs started to move on their own towards your direction, Ike noticed and she stepped in front of Bakugo to stop him from going towards you.

"Katsuki, I- I promise that I tried helping Y/N, b-but it was just too late" she lies, but in her mind; she just wanted to convince Bakugo to leave you here so that she could finally celebrate her victory.

"Helping? Then why aren't you trying to get her off the chains? Helping my ass, get out of my way; you know I hate liars." Bakugo says walking towards you. Even if Bakugo makes his way towards you, Ike couldn't help but feel out of place as she walks in front of Bakugo. There was nothing Bakugo hated more than having to choose between important matters. No matter how much he wants to help you and save you so that he could drive you to the hospital; something is stopping him. That something is definitely not Ike or you, that thing is his thoughts. Bakugo wants to ask Ike how she ends up here out of all places. Bakugo is worried about you but he knows that you can heal yourself. But you don't look like you can move, so once more; he tries walking towards you, just for Ike to grab him once more.

"You claim that you are helping her but you're here watching her bleed from afar. Hopefully, she's alive." Bakugo looks at you, pushing past Ike and reaching for your face. No, he thought. He checks your pulse but it's not moving. He looks back at Ike, unable to believe what's going on in front of him. There's no way that you, his childhood friend, and the person who knows how to heal the best; are dying right now. He looks down to the floor and slightly pinches himself, to reassure him that he's dreaming but once he feels a slight pain: he winces. You're indeed dead, what is he going to tell your mother and the girls? Once again, he failed to save you. He's slowly starting to blame himself, saying things such as:

If I was here, maybe she would have been alive.

If I wasn't so mean to her, maybe she would have been alive.

If I wasn't so self-absorbed maybe she would have been alive.

Bakugo hits himself so that he could stop himself from thinking so emotionally. As a hero, especially as the symbol of victory; it's his duty out of all the three symbols to set his emotions aside. So he turns around and looks his ex-wife in the eyes, he wanted to go and hug her but out of all people knows that she's the cause of your death. So letting go of the need to hug her, he starts making sparkles in his hands. He wants to cry but sadly, that's not his style. Bakugo is not the type of person to go and cry for someone, no matter how much he cares for them. He will not sit down and cry instead of acting up. The person in front of him is the one that killed you and because she dared to lay her hands on you; she will pay.

Never has Bakugo ever expected that one day he would ever lay his hands on his wife. Never has expected that one day he would be harming the lady he once swore to protect. But there he stands, looking at his wife dead in the eye while rooting to fight her. But he had no choice, no matter what he's feeling at the moment; he must set his emotions aside so that he could do what he pleases with Ike. All he would be doing is finding a way to make Ike unconscious so that he could bring her to jail. No matter how much he hated seeing the way Ike's looking at him with deep care and love, he can't help but feel the need to get revenge for what she did to you.