Chapter 56.2 - Protagonist : Don't be afraid of me

Du Ze hurriedly ran to Xiu's side. After spitting out the fruit, the silver dragon seemed very tired. His gasps gradually subsided. He saw Du Ze and covered the black-haired youth with his wings as he lay his head on his own tail, not forgetting to also keep Du Ze within the circle of his body.

The black dragon looked at the silver dragon who was protecting the black-haired youth so perfectly, and once again doubted his own judgment: Is that really the attitude of a dragon guarding his Dragon Knight? Even though Hilda and her Dragon Knight loved each other, Hilda's attitude was not so exaggerated. The eyes of the silver dragon were on the human in front of him, as though the human was the silver dragon's nilin, something that he could not bear other people to touch.

"We have to get out of here," said the black dragon. "That commotion was too big."

The other dragons were pretty far away from this area, therefore as long as the commotion they made was not enough to wake the dead, then fighting would be okay. But the space explosion was too loud. Xiu put Du Ze on his back and opened his giant wings. He agreed with the black dragon's proposal and they quickly shifted the venue, but Du Ze had a feeling he forgot about something

In a corner of the island, a fluffy chick struggled to fly up to the tallest branch of a tree. It looked down both sides of a high cliff, but as it looked down it overbalanced and fell. Rolling all the way down it said: "Chirp!"

After avoiding all the dragons, Xiu landed at the bottom of a gorge and turned to look at the black dragon who had followed then. Seeing the silver dragon's fierce eyes, the black dragon actively kept a distance between the two of them.

"My name is Muir. Hilda's descendant, I just want to help you," said the black dragon.

"No need." The silver dragon flatly refused his offer. As Du Ze noticed Xiu's hostility towards the dragon race, he thought of the elves' precedent and silently lit a candle for the impending disaster of the dragon race.

The black dragon did not seem to be good at communication with people and was very anxious when Xiu refused. Clearly he had started off by being kind, but the tone of voice was a bit too brusque.

"Don't you want to leave the island? I can get you out of here." The black dragon looked at Du Ze who was on the silver dragon's back. "If you don't believe me, let your Dragon Knight sign a contract with me temporarily."

The Dragon Knight contract is equivalent to a partnership contract that requires both sides to be faithful to each other, but such a contract can be lifted and signed again with the consent of both parties. The black dragon means to use this method to gain the trust of the two sides, but the silver dragon grabbed Du Ze in his hand and bared his teeth at the black dragon.

"He is mine."

When the black dragon saw how the silver dragon was holding his Dragon Knight with a "no one can touch what's mine" attitude written all over him, he instantly realized that the black-haired human is the silver dragon's favorite treasure, one that he won't allow other people to even look at.

In order to reduce his threat, the black dragon changed into his humanoid form. The "human" form doesn't have the dragon's hard scales, so very few dragons like to use their fragile humanoid form; it makes them feel weak and insecure.

A shadow began to twist, then a man with long, black hair appeared in front of Du Ze and Xiu. His face was fierce and across his left eye were knife scars that gave him an air of a bandit. The black dragon became a man wearing a black armor as smooth and bright as his dragon scales. Du Ze's eyes fell on Muir's right arm, which was a small version of the dragon's claw. Some silly, cute person wondered about that and Xiu's ear fins. Do all of the dragon's humanoid forms retain a part of the dragon?