Chapter 45.2 - Reader : Selling out teammates

As the first Mage God, Antonio is a legend. He is the idol of countless people in the Chaos Continent. All of his deeds can be arranged into an epic song for the bards to sing. No one knows exactly how strong Antonio is and it is rumored that he is only one step away from being a god. Antonio is not allied with any of the forces on the Chaos Continent. Right now he is a guest of the Star Empire. In the original novel's plot, Xiu met Antonio through Honey. One glance was all it took before Xiu harvested a Mage God as a mentor.

This person is very dangerous - is what Xiu sensed. The elf form would be hard-pressed to fight him but perhaps the demon form can fight with this enemy. Xiu coldly calculated. If this person also hinders him ...

Antonio raised his bleary eyes and a brilliance shone through them.

"You are a good seedling and this old man doesn't want to destroy you."

"They shouldn't have stolen my man," the elf said coldly.

Everyone's eyes went to Enoch who was carrying Du Ze. The short-haired thief stiffly smiled and put down Du Ze. When Du Ze walked to the clock tower's edge, Xiu jumped down and tightly clutched Du Ze's arm, like a dragon guarding his treasure.

Antonio took off the wine cork with his mouth, took a swig, and lamented: "Ah, looks like this was a misunderstanding. Young people always have a lot of energy." His muddy gaze fell on Xiu: "You're very good. Do you want to consider accompanying this old rogue?"

If anyone else had heard this sentence, they would probably be so happy that they would faint. The person speaking is the first Mage God Antonio, a living legend!

Hearing Antonio's invitation, Xiu was noncommittal. He glanced coldly at Enoch and the other people, then made as if to leave with Du Ze. With Antonio present, it's not convenient for him to get rid of those people.

There will be time for that later.

Seeing Xiu and Du Ze turn to go, Enoch hurriedly shouted: "Hey! You really won't consider it? My suggestion about you acting!"

Du Ze always felt that the gold mercenary team members were a few bricks shy of a load. Even when the Moe Lord clearly meant to kill them, they were still acting carefree and there is no sense of crisis. Enoch's personality was especially rash.

Xiu remained indifferent and continued to walk away. Enoch saw this and shouted: "Black-haired brother, don't forget our agreement! I'll wait for you with the Starlight Troupe!"

Du Ze immediately felt Xiu's hand on his tighten. Now some silly, cute person has confirmed it - Enoch really is a scourge! Every time after Enoch causes trouble, it's this innocent bystander who has to suffer the consequences!!!

After finally escaping from Enoch et al, Xiu and Du Ze found a hotel in the Imperial City of the Star Empire. Du Ze could feel his companion giving off an intense chill so he thought it would be better to confess.

"That thief has the thing I want." Xiu's reaction made Du Ze speak very carefully, omitting the most dangerous words: "He said that if I help him with something, he will give me that thing."

"What is that thing?"

Du Ze was silent. How can he tell the Moe Lord that he is after that doujinshi?!