Chapter 42.2 - Reader/Protagonist : I'll accept this task

In the “Mixed Blood” novel, a lower level person cannot see through a higher level person’s strength. Higher level people can hide the strength of lower level people. They can also suppress their own strength so that they seem lower level.

Humans tend to judge people’s strength through these warrior badges. The warrior badge is an important indication of rank, therefore people are normally eager to go to the various professional guilds to get their badge upgraded.

These were the perfect conditions that allowed the Moe Lord to play the pig to eat the tiger (pretend to be weak). After Xiu got the basic level badge, he never bothered to upgrade it, so in the novel, there was a “rich second generation” officer in the Star Empire who looked at Xiu’s low level warrior badge and proposed a duel to the death. When the chapter ended, that **** was still desperately wondering how he could end the abuse that the “Grand Swordsman level” Moe Lord was dishing out.

The readers were lamenting: please allow us to make a sad expression, lol.

When Du Ze and Xiu showed Anne the warrior badge, the receptionist handled everything very quickly. She gave them the new mercenary cards.

“These are your mercenary cards, please accept them.” Anne pointed at the mercenary guild’s magical bulletin board that was constantly updated with new tasks. “That is the task board. You are now mercenary level E so you can only take on E-level or no level tasks.”

Du Ze glanced at the task board curiously. With just one look, he saw that at the top was a task for exploring the Gnome Ruins and the other tasks were all related to the Elven Forest. Then his eyes were caught by an unusual task – an “Anti-Demon Crusade” mission… demons?

Now the demons have appeared on the Chaos Continent?!

Du Ze remembered how he had activated the metal pyramid and his eyes subconsciously moved to Xiu, but he saw that Xiu was staring at something, unblinking. The beautiful face seemed like it was covered with a layer of frost, exuding an intense cold that could chill someone to the bone. Du Ze followed Xiu’s line of sight and read the task that he was staring at. Du Ze could only sigh: Plot god, you are so hardworking, is this the conscientiousness that your profession demands?

After Xiu emerged from the Door of Wisdom, he found that his rival’s mercenary squad had left a message for Xiu: Xiu, if you can see this message go to the Star Empire and find us.

At that time Xiu had awakened four of his bloodlines, so he turned back into his elf form and left the Gnome Ruins. Xiu went back to the mercenary guild and was given a task that was perfect because he wanted to go to the Star Empire. The task poked his G spot.

Just like now.

[Find Ice Crystal Grass: No Rank Requirement. Go to the land of extreme cold to find ice crystal grass, pay is negotiable. Client: Eddie. ]

The content of the task is not important, what is important is the client – Eddie. Rose, do you remember that year when you abandoned the Moe Lord?

Remembering the past, Du Ze recalled how he had sprayed his computer screen with blood when he witnessed how the Moe Lord was abandoned by everyone, including his childhood sweetheart, Rose, and his childhood friend Eddie. The two of them and Xiu had grown up together in the same orphanage and had entered the Mage School together.