Chapter 18.2 - Protagonist : Give it back to me

Once again Xiu cut off its hand, but the stone giant didn’t give up trying to hit Xiu. It was easy to avoid the giant, but Xiu suddenly had a bad feeling – with the stone giant’s recovery speed, the other hand should have already been restored, why not attack him with both hands?

Xiu had just figured out that something was wrong and his face showed his consternation. The Lord of Halphas City burst out laughing while launching his sneak attack: “Haha – say goodbye to your human friend!”

Ignoring the stone fist above his head, he turned back. In his line of sight, he saw that the stone giant’s enormous hand was about to hit the rock where Du Ze was – with that speed and amount of force, Du Ze and the rock would both be smashed into rubble.

A moment, it will take but a moment, and that moment is impossible for him to overtake…

It was like pressing a pause button. The space around him was dyed black and white.In that space and time, his heartbeat was so loud that it was deafening.

That person – will die?

His heart contracted painfully. That pain caused his brain to send out comforting thoughts.

He will not die. He can revive. He …

He will die.

The first time they met, the man said: “My only power is to restore myself. You can easily kill me.”

He has never deceived me.

He will die.

– but I won’t allow it.

So destroy everything, destroy that eyesore.

-Snap-

His heart beat wildly, the blood in his veins was boiling hot as it broke through a barrier, bringing unequalled strength.

“Now -”

A sudden burst of blindingly bright light stung the eyes of the demons. The purple-gold lightning tore through the void and a destructive energy obliterated the stone giant’s hands. When the beautiful lightning dispersed, all of the demons were looking at the place where stone hand had disappeared without a trace. If it were not for the small purple lightning arc still crackling in the air, they might wonder if they dreamt the whole scene.

Dan can hardly contain his excitement at finally seeing something fascinating. He cannot believe his eyes. That spectacular electric power … This is obviously the legendary –

The businessman shifted his eyes to look at the demon who was the culprit. Not just Dan, but all of the demons were looking at Xiu, whose fingertips were occasionally sending out sparks. The demons’ breathing became labored and their eyes were glued to Xiu. They were in a frenzy of awe and worship.

What a mighty and beautiful devil!

If it was not for the rules of a challenge, the others would have already kneeled in front of Xiu and asked to become his followers.

Xiu looked at Du Ze’s closed eyes, then at the tiny current at his fingertips. The purple electricity affectionately rubbed his hands. The corners of his lips lifted and he laughed.