Chapter 48.2 - Protagonist : I wanted to do this a long time ago

Xiu and Du Ze went to the weapon contest registration area and Xiu filled out the form. Du Ze was a little concerned, for the Moe Master to participate in the weapon contest carries with it a certain risk: After the weapons contest, Princess Kelly asked Ulrich to kill the elf who humiliated her. Ulrich agreed because he wanted the weapon that Xiu made. The first War God did not fail. Xiu was forced to shift into his undead form to be able to shrug off death. This was the time when Ariel contributed her soul to save Xiu.

Therefore, when Xiu handed over his registration form, some silly, cute person suggested to Xiu: "Don't do too good."

Xiu seemed a little surprised. Du Ze continued: "Don't place first, second place is better."

In the novel, Xiu took second place and could take one item from the Light Empire's treasury. Because of the protagonist's halo, Xiu found an interspatial treasure that had an almost limitless storage capacity - this space was the perfect match for the Moe Lord.

Du Ze saw Xiu's lips curve up slightly. Xiu stretched out his hand and stroked the back of Du Ze's neck.

"I don't want her."

For a moment, Du Ze was too stunned to react since his words seem to have been ambiguous but when he looked at Xiu's slightly upturned lips, the words wouldn't come out.

The black haired young man hung his head slightly, like a cat with his fur flat.

(Translator's note: A cat with his fur raised/puffing up is an angry or frightened cat. The opposite is when the fur is flat. That means the cat is relaxed and happy.)

The weapons contest was held in the middle of the month.

In the preliminary round, experts weeded out the defective weapons and chose the higher quality items that would be allowed in the finals. Xiu brought a sword that he said was from the Gnome Ruins. Du Ze doesn't know a thing about weapons so he can't tell the good from the bad, but he thinks that the sword looked very elegant. As to what quality it was, Du Ze doesn't know since Xiu said that it was not a very good experimental product, so it should not be a magical artifact.

The sword passed through the preliminaries without any suspense, and when they left with the sword, Du Ze could see the judge's hands shaking and the shock on his face.

Du Ze tried to confirm it again with Xiu: "This sword is not good?"

Xiu nodded.

Some silly, cute person was immediately relieved.

The preliminary round of the weapons contest was held for three days. The final round was the highlight of the event and the Light Empire's important guests would be watching it. In the finals, the contestants will take their weapons and display their capabilities, allowing the judges and guests to look at the final top three winners.

Du Ze sat in the auditorium while Xiu sat in the contestants' area. Xiu drew the number 99 - there were 100 weapons in the finals so Xiu will be the second to the last to go up on the stage. Du Ze looked at the guests' platform where the Emperor of the Light Empire has appeared. He had a red beard and on his right side was a middle-aged man with an aquiline nose - the first War God Ulrich. On the Emperor's left side was a beautiful girl with curly red hair, Princess Kelly.

Of all the sisters, the one that hurt Du Ze's heart the most is Princess Kelly. When Princess Kelly made her debut, the proud princess looked down upon all civilians. Xiu was recognized as a genius in the School of Magic and his fame surpassed that of Princess Kelly's, so she would often bring a bunch of people with her to bully him. At that time Du Ze was still naïve. He just thought: ah this is just her way of flirting, Princess Kelly is just tsundere. He totally did not expect that she would repay kindness with ingratitude and do evil to someone who had been good to her. Because of her betrayal, Xiu never had a chance.