It Has to Be You, Love {Sequel to Let Live}

~2 Months Later~

"Knock, knock," a voice rang out softly from the other side of the door before it opened slowly, the doctor making her way into the room. I sat up partially, leaning back on my forearms, and gave her a warm smile, Austin doing the same as he stepped forward to shake her hand. "It's nice to see you again Mr. Carlile," Doctor Adamms added as she returned the handshake. "We missed you at the last appointment."

I watched as Austin smirked, coughing uncomfortably, focusing his gaze towards the floor. He was still mad at himself, for missing the last appointment, but I didn't know why. I told him not to be, it wasn't his fault, and I was the farthest thing from upset with him. But he, he was upset with himself, for not being there, because he had told me he would be at every appointment and he wasn't. The band was in New York for a signing, and his plane had been delayed due to the weather, and he didn't make it on time. I wasn't mad, I wasn't at the time and I'm not now, but he couldn't seem to forgive himself for missing one measly appointment out of the dozens I've had over the past few months.

Looking over at him I shot him a smile, a look, telling him to drop it, to leave it be. He knew what I was trying to tell him and he shrugged his shoulders, raking a hand through his hair.

"Well, Tyler, I'm sure you know the drill by now. We'll have some blood drawn and do an ultrasound to make sure there have been no changes, and send you on your merry way." I smiled and nodded, laying back on the exam table.

Each doctors appointment had been the same. They drew blood to check my cell counts, to make sure I wasn't bleeding internally, and then a sonogram, to view the placement of the placenta, to make sure my daughter's heart was still beating as it should be. Everytime my anxiety level was sky-high, worried that they would find something different than the last time, that something would've changed, gotten worse, that she would be in trouble.

But so far, each time, my fears were put to rest, at least for the moment. She was always fine, her heart beat was still quick and loud, strong. She was growing, too, at the rate she was supposed to, her organs maturing as needed, and a few weeks ago, in the middle of the night, she kicked, for the first time, and that sensation, being able to feel her in there moving, to know she was still alive, it was the best experience of my life.

"Oof!" I muttered, stirring from my sleep as a strange sensation resonated from my stomach. I sat up in the bed, rubbing at my face, confused at what was going on. It happened again, the weird feeling, and I squirmed, finding it uncomfortable at first. Austin moved next to me, turning to face me.

"What?" Austin mumbled, the world barely above a whisper.

"My, my stomach, she's-" before I could finish he sat up, obviously alarmed, leaning over me to turn on the lamp, his eyes wide with concern.

"What, baby, what's wrong? Does it hurt? What's going on?" He spit his words out so quickly, his questions practically running together. I felt it again, and a smile spread across my lips as I realized what it was, what was going on. Reaching over I grabbed Austin's hand as he eyed me questioningly, placing it gently atop my ever-expanding abdomen. I held it there, not saying anything, knowing it would happen again. Sure enough, it did, and his eyes widened, still not quite understanding what I was trying to show him.

"Austin - she's kicking," I said excitedly. His face lit up, a smile occupying his face, wiping away the confusion."Our daughter's kicking!"

"Look at her go! At this rate she'll make quite the soccer star!" He exclaimed, his eyes finding mine.

"I think she's bound to be a rockstar," I replied, giving him a grin, and he laughed, shrugging his shoulders.

"Who knows. She can be whatever she wants to be, though. Whatever she wants to do with her life, as long as it makes her happy, then I'll be happy for her." Tears brimmed my eyes. I was naturally emotional, but with the added pregnancy hormones almost ever little thing made me cry, and the way that Austin spoke to me, the words that left his lips, they were almost too much to bear, almost too sweet.

"I love you, you know," I added as he leaned down and kissed my stomach.

"I love you too," he replied, leaning up and pressing a soft kiss to my lips. "I told you we would all be fine, and look at her. She's in there, she's okay, and she's going to stay that way. We all are."

She was fighting, fighting hard, and so was I. I was determined to beat this, determined for my daughter to make it, to come into this world perfect and healthy.

The phlebotomist came in and Austin stepped away from the table, allowing him access to my bruised arm, my skin tender from having blood drawn practically once a week. He stuck the needle in and I flinched; you would think I would be used to this by now, the weird sensation of the needle poke, of the blood flowing out of my body as I watched, but I wasn't, not at all, it still caught me off guard, and I still didn't much care for the sensation.

The young man scurried out of the room, the vials of my blood clutched tightly in his tanned hands, and the doctor rolled over the ultrasound machine, Austin resuming his place by my side, where he had a perfect view of the machine. His hand found mine, our fingers interlocking together, his thumb rubbing circles on the back of my hand. I lifted my shirt and Dr. Adamms squirted the gel on my stomach, using the transducer probe to spread it around as the images of my insides appeared on the screen.

Her heartbeat rang out through the room, the quick, thumping sound the sweetest sound I had ever heard. I released the breath I had been holding, feeling my body relax knowing that she was still alive and kicking in there. "Her heartbeat sounds perfect, as always," the doctor commented, zooming in on the 3D image of our daughter, her little fingers and toes more prominent than last time. "And there's the placenta," she said as she pointed towards the screen. "And....it hasn't changed, the same portion is still attached. That's a good thing, Tyler, a really good thing."

Austin squeezed my hand and I turned to him, flashing him a smile. "So - everything is still okay? With her?" I asked aloud, making sure I understood her assumptions. She turned off the machine and wiped the warm goo from my belly, pulling my shirt back over the large bump that now occupied my torso.

Her smile was really all the answer I needed. "Everything is perfect. Your daughter looks healthy, she's maturing at a normal rate, her heartbeat is strong; you have no reason to be alarmed. Your baby is just fine." Austin leaned down and kissed my forehead, his lips warming my body. "I'll see you next week. Keep up the good work." Dr. Adamms said her goodbyes and slipped out of the room.

Austin pulled me back up to a sitting position, his arms wrapping around me, pulling me into a loving embrace, his lips leaving a trail of kisses in the crook of my neck. "I told you, didn't I?" I felt him smirk against my skin, and I chuckled under my breath. "We should really start betting on this. I would've made a fortune by now."

"You're such a weirdo." He laughed, pulling away to look at me. "I'm glad you were right. I'm glad she's still okay."

"She going to continue to be okay. Today, tomorrow, in a month, in a year. She's always going to be fine," he said, leaning forward and kissing me again.

Austin helped me get up from the table and we gathered my things and left the doctor's office, smiles ever-present on our faces from the good news.

I was starting to believe it was always going to be good news, that with ever appointment I would be reassured that there was no reason to worry, that she was perfectly healthy. I was hoping, praying, that that would remain true.

I no longer wanted to think about the alternative. I was done with negativity.

She, our daughter, was going to be perfect, amazing, beautiful, wonderful, and healthy. I just knew it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys I know this isn't much, it's rather boring and uneventful, but I really wanted to get this started for all of you, hence the little introduction chapter.

I hope you guys will enjoy this story as much as the first!

Vote, Comment, yadda, yadda, yadda <3

Love you all! More soon, I promise!

xxoo~Bailey