Chapter Nine.

Hi Guys!!

I am so, so sorry for the delay on updating this story! A whole month? That's horrible, and I sincerely apologize for keeping you all waiting! I feel awful about it! :/

I know the updates for this story aren't much these days, and I once again apologize!

I hope you enjoy it none the less. Love you all dearly <3

-----------------------------------

Tyler's Point of View

"Ty, she'll be fine," Austin said with a small chuckle, his eyes making contact with mine in the reflection of the large mirror sprawled across the bathroom wall. With a frown my gaze shifted downward, falling on Peyton who was peacefully sucking on her pacifier as she relaxed in her bouncer. "Tyler."

"But-" I started, not able to finish the sentence I hard barely begun.

"Baby, she'll be fine!" He reiterated once more, his voice fluctuating with emotion as he tried to get his point across. A small frown fell across my already sullen face, the thought of leaving my daughter for the first time practically bringing tears to my eyes. Austin noticed my change in demeanor and quickly made his way over to me, resting his hands on my hips gently. "We'll only be gone for a few hours, Ty. I know you don't want to leave her, but-" he paused, looking down at Peyton, a sly smile playing at his full lips, "she'll be perfectly fine. This will be good, for all of us."

I heaved a heafty sigh at Austin's words, knowing he was right, but too stubborn to admit it. He knew, though, he could see it in my eyes, and he leaned forward, pressing his lips softly upon my rosy cheek.

"You haven't left the house in almost a month, Ty. You need this, and she needs to learn to be away from you; from us. She has to get used to other people now or she never will." He had a point, I knew he did; I had read enough books to know that separation in small periods was good for both mother and child, but that didn't mean it was easy.

Peyton hadn't left my side since the day we brought her home; I didn't want her to. I needed her around, to love and take care of. She was my everything, and there was no place I would rather be but with her. I was supposed to protect her, we both were, and if we weren't around how could we possibly do that?

"I'm just worried," I sighed, blowing the air from my lungs as I redirected my attention back to what I was doing, applying one final coat of mascara upon my eyelashes. "What if something happens while we're gone?"

He shook his head, running his fingers through the curls that cascaded down my back with perfection. "Nothing will happen, okay? Stop worrying. Aaron and Amanda will take good care of her; you know they will. She'll be fine."

He had a point; Aaron and Amanda were only the two people I would trust Peyton with alone. Aaron was great with her, as was Amanda; they loved her, and she definitely loved them. She was in good hands with them, I knew that in the back of my mind, but I still dreaded the thought of leaving her, even if it was only for dinner.

As if on cue the doorbell rang and Austin bounded down the stairs to let our babysitters in. With one final glance in the mirror I directed my attention back to Peyton, squatting down so I was level with her.

"Mommy just doesn't want to leave her little girl, does she?" I said as I undid the buckle that harnesed her safely in the seat, my voice high-pitched, yet soft. A smile graced my face as Peyton cooed in response to my voice, the gurgly sounds escaping her tiny mouth warming my heart. "No she doesn't!" I squealed as I lifted her gracefully, standing back up and placing a few quick kisses on Petyon's cheek before craddling her in my arms.

Walking back through the bedroom I grabbed my phone and my curse, mumbling nonsene to my daughter along the way, and slowly making my way down the stairs to the muffled voices that awaited us below.

"Hey, Ty!" Aaron exclaimed as I came into view, shuffling over and giving me a half-assed attempt at a side hug. "And there's the prettiest little girl in the entire world!" Austin let out a hearty laugh, and I chuckled as well.

"Nice, dude," Austin murmured, shaking his head back and forth with a smile. Aaron shrugged his shoulders, holding his hands out and motioning for me to relinquish the baby.

"What, dude? I can't help it that you have such a cute kid!" He gave me a look, arching an eyebrow at me, but I couldn't let go of her; I didn't want to. I couldn't leave her.

After exchanging a few glances with Austin I handed Peyton over to Aaron's awaiting arms, feeling deflated, my heart aching as if I would never see her again. We had formed such a bond, Peyton and I; I loved her more than I ever thought possible, and being a mom was my proudest accomplishment. She was my everything, her and Austin, and I felt like she completed me; that without her I would be empty.

"You ready?" Austin whispered, bumping his hip into mine to catch my attention. I shook my head no, watching as Aaron and Amanda awed over our daughter. "It's just a few hours, baby. We'll be back before you know it."

"There are three bottles in the fridge. Just add water to the bottle warmer and-" Austin latched his hand to mine and began swiftly dragging me towards the door, cutting me off.

"We know, Tyler. Go have fun. We've go this!" Aaron responded enthusiastically.

"Be careful, Aaron. And please, call me if you need-" the door slammed shut behind us, "anything," I muttered to myself, finishing my sentence though Aaron could no longer hear. Austin wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close and kissing my temple.

"Stop worrying. Let's go have fun. We need some time alone." I nodded my head hesitantly, following Austin to the car.

Austin was right; we needed time alone. We hadn't had more than a moment to ourselves in over a month. Though the separation anxiety was already kicking in I was determined to have a good time with Austin.

We needed it.

We deserved it.

-----------------

I'm so sorry this update turned out so short and boring. I wanted to write something spectacular for you guys to make up for the wait, but I lost steam a few paragraphs in...

I will update soon! I'll do my very best to get my creative juices flowing for all of you again!

<3