Chapter Six.

Hi everyone. Sorry this chapter is so short! The next one will be longer and more exciting, I promise!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's everyone. I love you all so much. <3

Having you all read my stories, being able to read the comments you leave for me, that's a pretty great present in my opinion. Thank you all so much for all of your support. You have no idea how much it means to me. ~Bailey

Tyler's Point of View

"Alright, Ms. Rhodes, everything looks fantastic. We're going to keep you overnight, just as a precaution, and if your still perfectly fine by morning, we'll get you, and your daughter, out of here," the surgeon said, replacing the gauze bandage over my c-section scar, backing away from the bed while giving me a reassuring smile. I nodded, Austin squeezing my hand lightly, and the doctor said his goodbyes, stepping back out of the room, leaving Austin and I alone once more.

"How are you feeling, baby?" Austin asked for about the millionth time, his eyes still sad, unsure.

"Austin, I'm fine," I said, my scratchy words interrupted by a cough. Reaching for the styrofoam cup of water on the small tray table in front of me I took a sip, coating my sore throat, and shot Austin a smile. "I'm just groggy. It feels like I took a really long nap." I laughed, trying to lighten the mood, and a small chuckle fell from his lips.

He stroked my hair, his eyes never leaving mine. "I was so scared. I thought, I thought I lost you."

"I told you, you're never getting rid of me. Ever," I responded, and he leaned forward, pressing his lips sofly against mine, my own responding immediatly, thankful for the familiar sensation.

"Is that a promise?" He asked, his lips grazing against mine as he spoke. I nodded my head and he kissed me once more before pulling away.

"Austin-"

"Do you want me to go get her?" He questioned, interrupting me, already knowing what I was about to say.

Nodding my head I smiled brightly, unable to keep it back, my heart fluttering just thinking about her. "Please," I responded. I wanted to see our daughter so bad. I hadn't had a chance to meet her yet, and I was getting anxious. I needed to see her, I needed to hold her, to kiss her, to tell her I love her. He rose from the chair, kissing my forehead gently.

"I'll be right back," he said with a smile before slipping out of the room.

I could feel my heart begin to race, I was a little nervous. She was born early, I knew that, and that scared me. The pediatrician, she had told me that she was doing well, really well, considering the intense conditions of her birth. She was on a breathing machine for the first few days, her lungs were still underdeveloped, but yesterday she had come off of it, she was able to breath on her own, and that meant she was able to go home. Nothing else was wrong with her, somehow she was perfectly healthy, she was growing, she was eating normally, crying normally.

I couldn't help but be worried, though. She was my daughter, and though I hadn't even met her yet, I had carried her in me for eight months, we were bonded already, and I was still nervous that something could go wrong later.

Worries swirled through my mind as I waited for Austin returned. What if she didn't like me? What if she didn't respond to me? What if I had no idea what to do? What if she got sick? What if...

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door clicking as it swung open. Jerking my head to the side I found Austin entering the room, closing the door softly behind him. He had a smile plastered across his lips, his gaze fixated on the tiny, little being swaddled in a pink blanket, cradled in his arms.

A tear rolled down my cheek, just one. I hadn't even seen her yet, not really, and it was already too much.

"You want to meet your Mommy, little girl? She's been dying to meet you," he whispered to her, walking towards me, stopping at my bedside. He looked at me, still smiling, as I pushed myself up into a better sitting position, wincing at the pain in my lower abdomen near my scar. "You okay?" Austin questioned, and I nodded, holding my arms out, motioning for her. He leaned over, placing her in my arms, and the moment I grabbed a hold of her, the moment I felt her against me, the tears began to pour from my eyes, I couldn't control them.

Her big, brown eyes were open, looking up at me. Her cheeks were rosy, pink, and her brown hair was combed to the side, a flower headband resting atop her little head. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid eyes on in my entire life. She was perfect, mesmerizing.

"Hi baby girl," I choked out through tears. Leaning down I pressed a soft kiss against her forehead, savoring the moment, thankful that she was okay, that she was finally in my arms. "I'm going to love you so much," I whispered, kissing her once more. I couldn't seem to look away, I didn't want to.

From my periphery I could see Austin smiling, watching us interact for the first time. Slowly, I scooted over a little, holding my daughter tightly against my chest, patting the space next to me, inviting Austin to join us. Surprisingly he did, without so much as one, single protestation. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, holding me close to him while I cradled our daughter in my arms.

"You did so good, baby. She's perfect," Austin said, kissing the top of my head as we both looked at her.

The tears finally stopped, and a smile broke across my face. "Yeah, she is perfect. She's amazing."

After a few moments of silence, of us watching her, taking in the fact that we were finally a family, Austin spoke. "You know, she doesn't have a name yet." She cooed at his words, regaining our attention, and I smiled, the sound melting my heart.

"Well she definitely needs a name," I said quietly, placing my index finger in the palm of her hand, watching as she latched onto it, squeezing it, shaking it around lightly.

"You pick," Austin said, his thumb rubbing circles on my side.

I thought long and hard. We had talked about names a little bit, but never decided on one, we always thought we had more time. I looked down at her, studying her, hoping something would come to mind, something that fit her.

"How about...Peyton." I awaited his response, not sure what he would think.

"It's perfect," he said, kissing my head once more. I looked up at him, smiling."Peyton Sophia Carlile." I pressed my lips against his.

"Your Mommy and Daddy are going to love you so much, Peyton," I whispered, nuzzling my head against Austin's chest. "We already do."