Chapter Seven.

Tyler's Point of View

"You know you can drive the speed limit, right, grandma?" I said, my voice laced with sarcasm. Looking over at Austin I let out a small laugh, finding his demeanor somewhat funny, the fact that his hands were tightly clutching the steering wheel, his lips pressed into a tight line, his eyes never leaving the road before us.

He didn't even bother to look over at me as he spoke. "Oh hush. I'm driving slow so we don't crash. I'm not going to risk losing you or that little girl back there so just deal with it." I rolled my eyes, redirecting my gaze out the window, watching as the ocean came into view, the waves lapping against the shore forcefully, the beautiful crystal blue water choppy and rough. It was enchanting, mesmerizing to watch, it pulled me in, distracted me, and before I knew it the car came to a stop in front of our house. "Home, sweet home, baby," Austin said, smiling, looking over at me for the first time since we left the hospital. It felt nice to be home, where it was familiar, where I felt safe, and now that we had Peyton, now that we were a family, it would feel even more like a home.

Austin opened the driver's side door, jumping out and rushing quickly to my side before I even had a chance to move. Grabbing my arm he slowly helped me from the car, my body stiff and sore, the pain in my lower abdomen still quite immense. I gave him a smile, silently thanking him for his assitance, and he kissed my cheek before opening the door to the backseat and leaning in, detaching the baby carrier from the base and slowly pulling it out, careful not to wake our sleeping daughter who was strapped inside.

I led the way into the house and up the stairs, my heart fluttering as I watched Austin carrying Peyton, his eyes fixated on her, watching her sleep, his lips curled into a smile. He placed her carrier on the bed, crouching down next to it so he was level with her, his eyes not leaving her, he was transfixed. I shuffled up beside him, my gaze falling on my daughter as I rested my hand on his head, stroking his hair.

"She's so beautiful," he whispered. "I can't make myself look away; she's so perfect."

She was perfect. She was everything that I could've wanted, and so much more. "I think she looks more like you. She has your lips." He stroked her hair, brushing it lightly from her face before resting his hands on his knees and pushing himself up, turning to face me. He did the same to me, tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ear, his hand moving down to stroke my cheek, my skin heating up at his touch.

"I don't think so. She's too beautiful. That has to come from you." I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, unable to contain it, even after all this time, all we've been through, all the compliments he's sent my way, they still get me, as if it was the first time such a thing was falling from his lips. Stepping forward I wrapped my arms around his torso, burying my face in his chest as his arms draped around my shoulders, holding him to me.

His lips buried in my hair, pressing against the top of my head. "You're too good to me, you know," I mumbled, my words muffled by his shirt.

"Not possible," he whispered, his breath tickling against my ear as he spoke, sending shivers up and down my spine. After a moment of silence, of just enjoying each other's company, he spoke again. "Are you okay? Are you hurting?"

He pulled away a little, lifting my chin, forcing me to look at him. I shook my head. "No. I feel...absolutely perfect. I wouldn't change a thing." He leaned down, pressing his lips against mine, and I smiled into the kiss, making him laugh. Everything felt so right again, like despite what had happened, what we had all gone through, things were exactly as they were supposed to be, nothing else seemed to matter.

Austin's phone started ringing in his pocket, and he pulled it out, sighing as he gazed at the name on the screen. "It's my manager," he mumbled, obviously not too enthused.

"You better answer it then," I said, smirking, as I walked over to the baby carrier and carefully began to unbuckle Peyton. He arched an eyebrow at me in concern, I knew what he was thinking without him even having to open his mouth. "Austin, I'm feeling fine. I've got this. We need to spend some time together anyway. So go." He kissed my forehead, and leaned down, planting a soft kiss on Peyton's cheek before rushing out of the room to answer the phone call. I lifted her from the carseat gently, sitting the seat on the floor before crawling in the bed, Peyton resting soundly on my chest.

The feeling, I couldn't describe it, not even if I tried. Feeling her heart beating against my chest, watching her back rise and fall as she breathed in and out, the warmth of her skin on mine, knowing she was mine forever, it was the most wonderful thing in the world, nothing else compared.

And with her in my arms, and a smile plastered on my face, I fell into the most peaceful sleep of my entire life.

-------------------------------

Sorry for the short, shitty update. I wasn't really feeling much like writing, but I owed you guys an update! Forgive me? :/

New chapter soon. I hope you all are still enjoying this story, I know it's kind of slow right now, but stick with me. I love you all. Thanks for the support. <3