Chapter Eleven. {The End}

I stood there nervously, each breath shaky and labored, my knees weak, my anxiety at an all-time high. I knew what was waiting for me at the end of the pier, or rather, who was waiting. In a way, my entire life has culminated in this moment; the day I finally marry the man of my dreams. It's strange to think about how much my life has changed in such a short amount of time; how much I've changed. Three years ago I never could've imagined that at 24 I would be a mother, that I would soon be a wife. It was never something that I put much thought into. I was far too broken and damaged to see beyond each single day.

Austin has done a lot for me. He's shown me that it's okay to let people in, that it's okay to love.

That it's okay to be loved.

It scares me to think about what my life would be like had I never ventured out of my bedroom that night, had Austin and I never laid eyes on each other for the first time. Of course it's possible that we would've met eventually, but maybe things wouldn't have turned out quite the same. Maybe I wouldn't have given him a second thought, maybe the timing would've been different, and maybe we would've been nothing; nothing at all.

I was never one to believe in fate. I never thought that your destiny on this earth was set in stone, that certain people were meant for each other, that someway, somehow, you would find that person no matter what. Growing up I never imagined I would find "the one", the person that completed me, that I couldn't live without. Too much had happened in my short life; looking back I suppose all my heartache had turned me against the idea of true love. I had given up on finding it; I had settled for someone who didn't deserve me. But then Austin came along and unknowingly changed everything.

He saved me. Looking back I know it's true. The girl I was before I met him practically pales in comparison to the woman I am today. I was struggling; I had no direction, no goals. I accepted the things I thought I deserved. I was stuck, trapped, my past anchored me, keeping me from truly living.

With Austin's help I was finally able to grow, to move on. He gave me that push I needed. He gave me a reason to fight.

Our relationship hasn't always been easy. There are things that I have done, things I've said, that I would like to change. But I can't, and honestly I probably wouldn't, for it is those things that have made us who we are today. It's the struggles that have made us strong.

As the music begins to play my mom makes her way down the makeshift aisle first, Peyton resting tightly on her hip, a bouquet of flowers gripped in her hand. She's herself again; after all of these years of wondering, of waiting, I finally got my mom back, just in time to see me get married, to see her granddaughter grow. Her smile is wide and welcoming, her eyes hold that sparkle that had long since faded; the  only reminder of the horror she had been through was in the form of the scar that was splayed across her cheek, and the absence of my father.

From where I'm standing I can't see Austin, though I know he's there waiting, waiting to become my husband, and the butterflies in my stomach seem to multiply by the second. This day, this moment, has been a long time coming. There have been ups and downs, good times and bad, yet through it all we've had each other, and I knew that as long as I had him, as long as we were a family, that would be all I would need.

The music changes, the song that marks my entrance began to play softly through the speakers placed around the beach. As I walk down the aisle, my brother flanked on my right, Alan on my left, all eyes are on me, but I only have eyes for Austin. He looks so handsome, he always does, but there's something different this time. His smile is just a little bit wider, his eyes somehow brighter, and my heart continues to beat wildly in my chest as if at any moment it just might explode.

The moment I reach Austin the nerves seem to fade, the look in his eyes calming, the love radiating from them overwhelming. I place my hand in his as Josh and Alan kiss my cheeks before taking their places beside Austin. The beach is adorned with bright flowers and candles, our closest friends and family joining in this moment with us, but right then, right now, nothing mattered except for the man that stood before me.

I can hear the officiant reciting the words from the passage we asked him to read, the words that seem to sum up our love for each other, our love that will only grow with time. His voice sounds distant, the words muffled, probably because I'm not focused on him, not even a little bit. It's Austin that holds my attention; his brilliant smile, his tear-glazed eyes, the rapid beating of his heart with mine.

As the ceremony continues without a hitch Austin and I never lose eye contact. We exchanged a few soft I love you's, and as we recite our vows for one another my eyes flood with tears, my heart not able to handle such overwhelming joy.

We exchange our rings, the symbols of our love for each other adorning our once-empty fingers. It doesn't seem possible for me to love someone more than I love Austin, though I know that I will one day look back on our wedding day as the day I loved him the least.

I realize now how naive I was to dismiss true love, to laugh at the thought of a soulmate, for now I have one, I have Austin, for the rest of my life. He's mine, after everything: the fights, the celebrations, the smile and the tears, the goodbyes and the hellos, we're here together; forever.

I got the life I never knew I wanted. I got everything I could've asked for, and as long as I had Austin, as long as we had our daughter, our family, there wouldn't be a single thing I would need.

Our guest rise from their seats, smiles and tears filling my vision, and my eyes lock with Austin's, our gaze intense; unbreakable.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Finally.

*The End***

--------------------------------------

I would just like to take a minute to thank you all for your support with this story, as well as the prequel. I never could've imagined the positive reception this story has received, and I owe that to each and every one of you. Those of you who read each update diligintly, who voted, whose kind comments made me feel worthy and have faith in my writing. This story, and all of my other stories, are for you. Because without you I would've stopped writing a long time ago.

Second, a HUGE thank you must go out to my best friend, Sydney. This story would be nothing without her (no matter what she says). She allowed me to bounce ideas off of her, she helped whenever needed, and most importantly she has been there for me through the hardest time in my life. So whether she believes it or not she deserves a giant thank you.

Lastly I would just like to say that I am sad to see this story come to a close. Writing about Tyler and Austin has been a huge part of my life, and it's crazy to think that their saga is finally over. I hope the ending is satisfying to you all. I hope you enjoyed every moment of this as much as I did. Thank you for laughing with me, crying with me, smiling with me, and supporting me.

The love and support I receive from you all means the world to me. I could never thank you enough.

Okay, shut me up. I love you all. Look for a new story soon and check out the other two stories I'm writing currently.

Love always,

Bailey <3