Chapter 24

Pragya was in the board meeting with her grandfather, Sid, Thomas an architect and Mouni, talking about the new projects. Mouni would be helping them with designs, since she also studied interior designing and they needed a fresh new mind, which Pragya suggested her and they liked her presentation and designs.

Pragya's head wasn't in that meeting though, her mind was far from it. Like a week ago far when Abhi took her to the hill.

FLASHBACK>>>>>>>>>
"So what? You brought me here so far away to fuck me?" Pragya snarled as she zipped her dress from behind,  "have I  become your dirty little secret now?"

Abhi was buttoning his shirt, "you know that's not true Pragya. I brought you here so we could talk but, fuck! You look so gorgeous baby and I missed you so much, I couldn't restrain myself, I just had to have you."

"Yeah then you go back to your new fiancé like nothing happened," she rolled her eyes.

"You fucking left me Pragya, I needed you and you weren't there! I had no choice. Ma made me do it."

Pragya scoffed at him, "she didn't point a gun on you Abhi and I needed time to think, I needed time away from this humiliation. Aur Tum? You didn't even wait for me, that right there just shows how much love you had for me."

"Have! Main pyaar hain tumse!" Abhi screamed at her and tried to grab her face which she pushed away and screamed back, stepping away from him.
" Pyaar nahi! If you love me Abhi we wouldn't be at this situation right now! On top of that you're going ahead with this marriage? How....how do you think I feel right now?" Pragya's voice cracked and it broke Abhi's heart.

Abhi stepped towards her ignoring her denial and forcibly grabbed her face, leaning his forehead on hers, "what can I do Pragya? Tell me what to do." His voice cracking as well, "I've waited for you my whole life, you can't leave me now please. We can fix this Pragya, tell me how I can fix this."

Pragya pulled his hands away and stepped back. She looked straight into his eyes and firmly said,
"Don't marry her. Marry me instead."
FLASHBACK END<<<<<<<<<<<<
Pragya was looking at the blank space, playing with a ring she wore as a necklace around her neck.

She must've forgotten where she was because suddenly she felt a pinch on her arm, "ouch! Hey wha...." She looked around and everyone was looking at her concerned except Sid. He looked amused as if he knew where her head was.
'Jerk. There was no need to pinch me.' She thought.

"Pragya? You okay?" Ram asked concerned.

Pragya sat up straight to answer her grandfather, better yet her boss, "uhm...yes sir, I'm fine. Sorry I didn't have my coffee today hehe." She laughed nervously at her lame joke and everyone chuckled at her.

Ram just shook his head and closed the file in front of him and stood up, "well you can have your coffee now. The meeting is over. I'm running late for the next meeting and flying to Qatar afterwards with Thomas. So I'll see the rest of you in three weeks," he said and kissed Pragya on her forehead before leaving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pragya was walking down the hall towards her office with Mouni beside her who kept complaining about Arjun and his strange late nights at work.

"So you think Arjun is cheating on you? Mouni that's ridiculous, the guy worships the ground you walk on." Pragya chuckled at the thought of Arjun cheating on her.

"I know! I just can't help but think there's something strange about it. He always comes home tired and I haven't been fucked in a week for gods sake! I need a penis!" Mouni whined at the last part.