Chapter 17

"Are you okay? You've been distant lately?" Abhi asked as they cuddled up in Pragya's bed, spooning her.

Pragya smiled, "mmh I'm okay baby."

"How's your head? Does it still hurt?" He asked again. He was so worried about her, even though the accident happened a week ago. He promised to himself he would never leave her side again. He almost lost her. Again.

"My head is fine Abhi, can you stop worrying about me just for a minute please! Can I just breath!" Pragya snapped and sat up, removing herself from his arms. Abhi sat up as well.

"Fuggi, I know there's something you're not telling me. You've been acting strange since the day of the accident. It's like you're here but you're not. Baby what's wrong?" he turned her around to face him and puts his forehead against hers, deeply looking into her eyes, "please tell me baby, it's killing me to see you like this." He told her softly and she closed her eyes and sighed.
They stayed like that for a few minutes, until she pulled away again from him and stood up, running her hand through her silk of hair. She turned to face him and...
"We need to talk Abhi."
~~~~~~
Tanu was in her room in her bed, reading a magazine while still recovering from the 'accident' she caused. She could not believe she almost killed Pragya.
'The hell was I thinking?'
She hadn't spoken to Pragya since. Her mother had told her she kept her mouth shut and lied to the police, telling them it was an 'accident.' 'Good. I still hate her though.'

She looked around her room that was decorated with flowers that was brought in from her friends and classmates wishing her well-being. She smiled when she looked at the bouquet of yellow roses beside her along with a get well card. She read it several times and it always brought a smile on her face. She really did love Abhi.

Suddenly Aliya barged into her room, startling Tanu. "For god sake Aliya, ever heard of knocking?"
Aliya closed the door and sat on the bed, "why? It's not like you were masterbating since your right hand can't work," she snorted and Tanu rolled her eyes at her twin. "How are you feeling?"

Tanu groaned, " I'm fine Aliya okay? I don't need you freaken babysitting me!"

"Well I object. You did something so stupid that almost caused your death, so I'd say you need a full time nanny, not a babysitter."

Tanu looked away and sighed, "whatever," she muttered and went back to flipping through a fashion magazine.

"So I just saw Abhi." Aliya started and Tanu paused to listen, "I knew that would get me your attention. He stormed out of this house from Pragya's room  looking like a volcano. I'm guessing trouble in paradise?" She smirked and Tanu smiled at the info.
~~~~~~~~~
The Arora family were at the dinner table, silently eating their food that Robin deliciously cooked. Sindoora noticed everyone's moods, surprisingly Tanu and Aliya were in a good mood, all smiley and stuff, while Pragya looked sad. Sindoora shook her head and sighed.

'I swear theses girls are giving me a whiplash.'

She decided to start the conversation, "Pragya, your grandmother has been trying to reach you. Have you called them back yet?"
Pragya shook her head with a silent no.
"Well you better do that immediately, cause she's been ringing my phone since the accident."

Pragya nodded, "I'll call her after dinner." She tried to smile.

"Well okay then. So what happened to Abhi? He stormed out of this house with so much anger." Sindoo asked and the twins paused and waited for the answer as well.
Pragya sighed, she knew this was coming and shrugged her shoulders, "he's just upset that's all."

"Yeah but why? He was more then upset, he looked furious."

"Because I broke off the engagement! That's why he was angry! We broke up."