Chapter 13

"Nani! Dada!" Pragya ran excitedly downstairs to her grandparents and gave them the tightest hug ever.

Abhi had dropped her home an hour ago and when she entered the house she was met with Sindoora's death glare.
"Why didn't you answer my calls? Why didn't you tell me you were going to sleep at Mouni's? Do you have any idea how sick worried I was?!"

Pragya was startled, "uhm...I'm sorry?"

Sindoora was fuming now, "Sorry? You're sorry? Do you know how humiliating it is to call people early in the morning asking about your whereabouts? Mmmh? Do you? They probably thinking what kind of a mother am I that doesn't know where her daughter is at 6 o'clock in the morning! All because you couldn't do the most simplest thing Pragya, pick up your phone and call!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't think...."

"That's your problem Pragya! You don't think! You don't think of anybody else, but yourself!" Sindoora breathed heavily and Pragya's eyes had started to moist with tears. "Now I'm angry at you right now, but I don't have time to lecture, you're an adult so act like one. Quickly go freshen up and dress well, we have important visitors coming for lunch."

Pragya quickly nodded and wiped her tears running upstairs to her room. She had never been scowled like that, not even by DD.
She reached her room and sat on her bed.
'She's right though, I need to grow up, I'm not a teenager anymore.'

Her phone started ringing and she took it out from her clutch. She looked at the caller ID and smiled a little.

"Hello?" She answered, her voice a bit low.

"Tell me Fuggi, how is it that I miss you so much already even though we just saw each other like five minutes ago?" Abhi teased.

Pragya forced a laugh, "even I miss you."

Abhi immediately sensed there something wrong, "Kya hua? What's wrong?"

Pragya sobbed a little, "Kuch nahi, I'm just being silly. I don't know why all of a sudden I'm missing my parents. My mom never has time for me, she's always traveling and I only see her few times a year. And my dad, well he's dead."

"Don't say it like that?"

"But it's true, he's dead! He left us with so much pain and my mom hates him for that. She can't even look at me because I resemble him." Pragya cried, breaking Abhi's heart.
"And today I've just learned that I'm selfish. Just like my father."

"Baby please, please stop crying. I'm turning the car around, I'm coming over."

"No don't!" She wiped her tears and sniffled. "You're going out for lunch with your family remember? You promised your mother. Besides, apparently we have important visitors coming for lunch in an hour so I need to look cute." She joked.

"Not too cute I hope." He smiled.

She giggled, "pagal. Drive safe okay?"

Abhi sighed, "you sure you're going to be okay?"

"100% sure."

"Okay we'll talk later, love you."

"Mmmh love you too, bye."

She hung up and went for a shower. Ten minutes later she was in her closet looking for an outfit to wear.
"Gosh she didn't even tell me who's coming. I don't even know what to wear," she mumbled.

She finally decided on an all white long lace kurti with white leggings and left her hair down looking all simple and beautiful.