Chapter 8

"So....that's why you ran away?" Bulbul asked amused as she drank her cup of coffee.
"I didn't run away. I just had to leave that's all," Pragya told her, trying to make her understand but Bulbul just found the whole thing humorous.

They were both having lunch in a cute little diner they found while shopping.
Pragya told Bulbul the happenings of last night which Bulbul found humor in it.
"Right. Just during the glaring contest between the best buddies," Bulbul joked and Pragya groaned. "Bulbul seriously?!"
Bulbul giggled earning a stern look from Pragya.

"Pragya I don't get it, it's obvious you still have feelings for him and vise versa. So why fighting it babe?" Bulbul finally asked. "Is it Tanu you're worried about? Because let me tell you now that Abhi first of all, has never and will never love another woman besides you. So Tanu is just simply out of the question," she stated and Pragya sipped her chocolate milkshake through a straw, trying to ignore the feeling of butterflies in her stomach.

She cleared her voice when she realized she hadn't said anything, "wow B, uhm Love? Too soon don't you think?" She giggled and tried to lighten the mood.
Bulbul rolled her eyes at her then looked to her phone that just beeped. She smirked and texted back to whoever texted her.

"Anywho, has King tried to contact you again?" Bulbul changed the conversation and Pragya groaned inwardly.
"He's been calling and texting, apologizing and asking to meet up so we could talk."

"I hope you're not considering it," Bulbul said.
Pragya looked at her, guilt written on her face and Bulbul sighed in annoyance. "Pragya no."

"We can just be friends that's it, nothing else. I mean we started as friends remember? And he's a great guy B, just not a great boyfriend," she tried to convince Bulbul and Bulbul did not like that idea at all.
"Pragya you know you're smarter than that. As your friend I'm telling you that this is a bad idea, but it's up to you, you get to decide what you want in your life."
Her phone beeped with a message again and she read it then looked around.

"What's wrong? Who're you looking for?" Pragya asked as she drank her milkshake.
"No one just thought I saw someone I know," she quickly said.

Just then a soft and sexy male voice interrupted their conversation.
"Well well well, if it isn't my favourite cousin and her beautiful runaway friend."

They both quickly turned and Pragya was stunned to see Abhi looking gorgeous with a dazzling smile and perfect teeth, dressed casually in ripped blue jeans and white plain T-shirt, sunglasses on and a navy blue beanie that covered his beautiful black thick hair.
How can someone look sexy in just casual clothes?

'Oh.my.god' she thought and Bulbul smirked at her friend for drooling over her cousin unaware. "Abhi! What a surprise! Come here often?" She winked at him and Abhi smirked, "do I come here often? Ha! You're literally in my seat," he joked and Bulbul giggled which brought Pragya back from gaga land.

"Uhm hi Abhi," she blushed then looked away and Abhi smiled at that, "hey Pragya, you don't mind if I join you do you?" He asked and Bulbul quickly answered, "not at all, in fact it's good that you're here because I need to go and start packing for tomorrow so at least you're here to keep Pragya company," she winked at Pragya who glared at her. Bulbul stood from the table and gathered her hand bag and shopping bags.
She gave Pragya a hug and told her they'd meet tomorrow before her departure, then turned to do the same to her cousin and whispered, "you owe me big time," to him and Abhi took her place when she left.

There was an awkward silence on the table. No one knew what to say first.
Then Abhi took off his sunglasses and broke the silence. "So I'd like to apologize for last night, my behaviour was completely inappropriate and I felt so bad that you left because of me."