Chapter 33

Bella's POV

TW: Strong language

 I wake up in my own bed and look down. The IV is gone! Barrett's still sleeping, so I go to the bathroom, wash my face, and brush my teeth. I pour some cereal. Barrett comes in, pulling her hair into a messy bun. "Good morning!" She says. 

 "Good morning!" I respond.

 "You're awfully happy this morning! Aren't you nervous?" She asks, confused.

 "Nope!" I lie. Here's the thing. I am nervous. I was terrified! But I didn't want to be a baby, plus, I was hoping that if I pretended I was fine, I somehow would be. I wasn't allowed to wear metal so I take out my earrings and get dressed. I grab my bag, and we left. As we drive to the hospital, I start getting more and more scared. I feel dizzy and nauseous. 

 "Are you ok?" Barrett asks, noticing the terrified look on my face. 

 "Yup!" I respond. Please please please let there be a long wait time so I don't have to get it right away. We check in.

 "Hi!" a man says. "I'm Mark, the MRI Technician. There's no one else waiting at the moment, so you can go right in!" Shoot. "Just so you know, your mom won't be able to go in with you. She'll have to be in a different room with me because of the radiation." He leads us to a room with a huge machine. I take one look at it and run to the bathroom. I lean over the toilet and start throwing up. 

 "Bella?" Barrett calls, coming in. She sees me throwing up and comes and holds my hair back while I vomit. Once I finish she gives me a glass of water and some gum. "Are you ok?" She asks.

 "No." I confess. "I'm terrified."

 "But you weren't before." She looks at me, confused. 

 I sigh. "I wanted you to think I was brave. I didn't want to seem like a baby." 

 Barrett puts her hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eyes.  "Bella Stacey Weed you have gone through so much. You were abused, starved, bullied, hit, have had panic attacks, tried to jump off a roof. You got surgery, blood tests, and a transfusion. You were shot and literally died. But you're still here. You are the kindest, bravest, most courageous person I know, and don't you ever forget it. You can do this."

 "But I can't!" I cry. 

 "Bella, repeat after me. I am brave."

 "I am brave."

 "I am smart."

"I am smart."

 "And I can do this!" Barrett says forcefully with a renewed fire in her eyes.

 "And I can do this!" I repeat with the same force.

 "That's my girl!" Barrett says. We walk together to the MRI.

 "All ready?" Mark asks. Barrett looks at me and I nod. 

"Let's do this."

 I get into the machine and Mark puts headphones on my ears. "The MRI is very loud." He explains. "The headphones will help block out the noise, and will also allow me to communicate with you." 

 "Got it." I tell him. He and Barrett go into the little room.

 "Ok Bella." He says. "Hold still." I hear a loud noise. "Ok, first set of pictures done." After what feels like forever, we're finally done. Barrett runs out of the little room and hugs me. 

 "You did it!" She exclaims. 

 "I did it." I respond with a smile.

AN: Back to the hospital. Woot woot! I just counted and this is the 12th chapter with Bella in the hospital! Wow! She's in the hospital in a third of the chapters and she hasn't even been diagnosed with ______ yet! (Em no spoilers.)