Chapter 31

Barret's POV 

Bella, my daughter, my world, is dead. I take a deep breath trying to keep myself from completely losing my shit on this poor doctor. It doesn't work. "What?!" I scream. "How could this happen?! How could you let this happen?!" I take another breath. "Sorry. It's not your fault." I say. "Could you tell me what happened?"

 "Her dad." The doctor says. "He pretended to be a nurse and somehow got into the recovery room. He shot her in the chest."

 I start to sob. "Is there anything you can do?" I ask, desperately.

  "There is one thing we can try." She says. "Using leads we might be able to give her a strong electric shock, big enough to wake her. It may work, but it's not likely and if it does, it will be very painful for her." I think about it.

"Ok." I tell her. They wheel Bella into a hospital room on a bed. I call Grey. I've been updating him on the situation throughout the whole thing so he knows what happened. "Grey?" I ask.

 "Hey, Barrett." He says. "How are you doing?"

 "Not great, considering my daughter is dead and all but I have some good news."

 "Yessss?" Grey says, anxious for the news.

 "They found a way to bring Bella back."

 "OMG that's amazing!" Grey exclaimed.

 "I'm trying to not get my hopes up since it has a very little chance of working." I explain. "And even if it does, it's gonna be really painful for Bella."

 "I'll be right there." He tells me. A bunch of nurses come in and one of them starts calling out thing while another hooks up Bella to a bunch of leads and wires. She's on a ventilator and I can't bear to look. I hear a knock on the door.  "Barrett?"

 "Grey!" I exclaim wrapping him in a huge hug. "They're just about to start." He takes my hand and gives it a squeeze.

 "Ready, set, go!" Someone pushes a button while someone else pushes a lever. Then, I hear an ear-shattering scream.

Bella's POV

 All of a sudden, I feel the worst pain I've felt in my entire life. Worse than any of the abuse and bullying. Worse than when I got shot! I screamed, my eyes still closed. I heard a sudden intake of breath.

 "She's alive!" I hear someone sobbing. My mom? I open my eyes and see at least five doctors and nurses, and Barrett and Grey. They run over and give me a hug. 

 "I'm so glad you're awake!" someone says. I am in so much pain right now. I literally cannot stop screaming.

 "What's happening?!" Barrett yells, sounding absolutely petrified. 

 "She's in pain from the shock." A nurse explains. "We're gonna have to sedate her."

 "NO!" I scream. Last time I was asleep, I got shot. I just woke up! I can't go back to sleep! 

 "Honey." Barrett says. "It'll make you feel better!" 

 "NO NO NO!" I yell, hiding my arm so they can't inject me with anything. Grey takes my arm out.

 "Do you trust me?" He asks. 

 "Y-yes?" I reply.

 "Ok. Everything will be okay, Bella. Just listen to my voice." He starts to read to me. "Once upon a time... Mrs. Peters said to her sixth-grade class. These are the most magical  word our world has ever known and the gateway into the greatest stories ever told. They're an immediate calling to anyone who hears them—a calling into a world where everyone is welcome and anything can happen. Mice can become men, maids can become princesses, and they can teach valuable lessons in the process. Alex Bailey eagerly sat straight up in her seat. She usually enjoyed her teacher's lessons, but this was something especially close to her heart." I felt someone inject something into me. "Fairy tales are much more than silly bedtime stories, the teacher continued. The solution to almost every problem imaginable can be found in the outcome of a fairy tale. Fairy tales are life lessons disguised with colorful characters and situations." I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

AN: Bella's back! Can anyone guess which book Grey is reading to Bella?

Adopted by Mean Girls Castजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें