Chapter 25

Bella's POV

I woke up to Barrett blasting revenge party. I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. "I'm sleeping!" I said.

"Well, time to wake up!" She laughed. I sighed and got up. "It's your first day of school!" I glanced at me phone. It was September 4th. I jumped out of bed and got ready. Barrett had made pancakes and they were amazing.

"Thank you so much!" I exclaimed, through a mouthful of pancake. I decided on a Mean Girls tee-shirt, jeans, my low top converse shoes, and wore my hair in a low ponytail. I grabbed my bag and Barrett drove me to school.

"Bella, Erika's fostering a child. Her name is Comet. She's 3 years younger than you. I'm taking you to meet her after school!" Barrett told me.

"Cool!" I said, excited to meet Comet but also a bit nervous.

She kissed me on the head. "Have a great day, Honey! I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, mom." I said grinning. I walked into the school. A girl ran up to me. She had brown hair that she wore down. She was wearing leggings, a jean jacket, and a black shirt.

"Hi. I'm Olivia." She said, looking a bit bored. "Look, I'm gonna make this quick. I was told this would be fun. But judging by-" She gestured at me. "This, you're just a dumb wannabe."

"Please leave me alone." I told her.

"Excuse me?!" She asked, angrily.

"You're excused." I said. Her friends came to stand behind her.

"Oh, this is the loser kid." One of them said.

"What did you say?!" I asked.

"Hon, it's none of your business." Another one said. Then, without warning, the first one reached over and slapped me.

"Ow!" I explained. They took turns hitting me until I ran away crying. I heard the click of camera as I ran. I went to the bathroom, locked myself in a stall, and cried.

I heard a knock on the stall door. "Hello?" Someone said. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah." I replied, wiping my tears and coming out of the stall. In front of me was a girl around my age.

She stuck out her hand and I shook it. "I'm Emily."

"Nice to meet you! I'm Bella!" I told her. She held out her hand, and I took it. She helped me up and together we walked class.

AN: Emily is @ThatPlanetEnby 's OC. Comet belongs to @Spaceheater1 . She will show up more in the next chapter. I hope you enjoyed! I wrote this while listening to Seusical. Jojo is now one of my dream roles! -Lila.