Chapter 1

TW: Abuse

 "Get down here you stupid kid!" My dad yelled. 

 "Yes, dad?" I replied nervously.

"Why are the dishes not done you little"- He grabbed my by the shirt and threw me against the wall. "You good for nothing idiot!" He screamed in my ear. He punched me in the face and then kicked me in the stomach multiple times. It hurt a ton, but I was used to it by now. By a sudden rush of adrenaline, I escaped and bolted up the stairs. I tossed all of my things into a bag, and ran.  

 I didn't know where I was going, just that I had to run. My dad was chasing me and who knows what he would do if he caught me?!  I found myself in front of the August Wilson Theatre, home of my favourite musical, Mean Girls. I love all musicals, but Mean Girls is my favourite. It's what's kept me going through all these tough times. I realized I had been standing, staring at the theater for too long. My dad was catching up. I didn't know what to do, so I did something crazy. I turned the handle of the stage door. It was unlocked! I ran inside, locking  it behind me.

 As I ran through the theatre, all that was going through my head was OMG OMG I'M IN THE AUGUST WILSON. Then I heard footsteps. "Hey! Get back here, kid!" Someone yelled. Shoot. I'm in the August Wilson. I could go to jail for this! I panicked, and ran down the nearest flight of stairs, and to the stage. I found a tiny corner, in between to props and squeeezed my way in. I sighed. Then I heard the man. He said angrily, "Ma'am, are you aware that you are trespassing?" My breathing sped up and I started crying, quietly. Then, I heard two more sets of footsteps.

 "It's ok, we've got this." Said another voice.

"Are  you sure?" Asked the first voice.

"Positive." A new voice replied. The man left, but the other two were still there.

"Shh!" Exclaimed one of them, "I hear something!" The footsteps got closer, and closer, until someone moved a prop out of the way. I looked up, and saw who it was. NO WAY!

AN: Hi! I hope you enjoyed. This is my first book so please bear with me.  -Theatregeek