Chapter 9

Bella's POV

TW: Memories of abuse

 "What's up with Ryder?" I asked Barrett as I set the table. Ryder and Laura were coming over for dinner and I wanted to know what the deal was with her.

"Ryder doesn't have the best past," Barrett said, "actually, it's pretty similar to yours." She motioned for me to sit down on the couch. "When she was really young, her parents died in a car accident. After that, she went from foster home to foster home where many of them abused her. Eventually, she ran away. It was probably the best decision she's ever made. Laura found her, and took her in." 

"Wow." I responded. Her story really was similar to mine, except only my mom died, and I didn't change homes.

"Be careful with her," Barrett told me, "she gets really scared around new people."

"Okay." I replied. The doorbell rang. "They're here!" They came inside and Ryder had that same deer-in-headlights look on her face. "Hi." I said.

'Hey." She replied. 

"Can we talk?" I asked. I lead her into the living room. "So Barrett told me about your past." I started. Ryder started looking even more nervous. 

"She did?!" She exclaimed.

"I-I think she told me because I had a similar past." I told her.

"W-what happened to you?" Ryder asked.

"Well, my mom got into a car accident when I was 6. After her death, my dad started to drink and would hit me a lot. I started getting bullied really badly at school, too. Then, one day, I decided to just run away."

"I'm so sorry." She said hugging me. I was surprised, but hugged her back. "Wanna go get Starbucks?" She asked.

"Sure!" I replied. 

We were walking back from getting our drinks, when all of a sudden, a car ran a red light while I was crossing the street. As it hit me, I felt the worst pain I had ever felt in my life. I heard Ryder screaming and crying. "Help!" She yelled. I heard sirens and Barrett sobbing. I felt myself getting lifted into an ambulance. I felt someone inject something into my arm and everything went black.

AN: Please don't sue me. That's all. Sorry for the sad chapter. Bye! -TheatreGeek