Chapter 29: Awful Babysitters

Chapter 29

"Good morning." I said as Carly walked into the kitchen. "Were you just sick again?" I frowned.

Carly nodded, taking a glass from the cupboard.

"I'm fine though. Probably just ate something bad." She lied, filling up the glass with water.

I nodded, tightening my hand around the edge of the corner.

I wasn't going to let her know that I knew she was pregnant.

I was going to wait for her to tell me on her own.

But it was driving me insane.

It had already been three days.

"What time is your dad coming?" She asked curiously.

"Just before noon." I replied, glancing at the clock. "He should be here any minute." I added as Brian came into the kitchen with Jess.

He raised his eyebrows at me and I shook my head.

We'd spent a good amount of time last night talking about everything that was going on with Carly, and he knew that Carly still hadn't told me.

"Darling there's a car in the driveway." My grandma said excitedly, looking out of the window.

Brian and I glanced at each other before taking off towards the door, trying to get towards the door first.

A laugh escaped our dad as he got out of the car to the sight of the two of us sprinting towards him.

"Boys, boys." He laughed as I got there first, throwing my arms around my dad. "Give me some space." Dad added with a laugh, patting my shoulder.

"Hey dad." Brain grinned, stepping in to give dad a hug as I stepped back.

"I missed you boys." My dad said, patting our shoulders as I got his bags from the back of the taxi.

"Is my mom here?" Dad asked curiously as we walked towards the door.

I nodded, following him inside.

"Oh Adam!" Grandma said excitedly, immediately smothering her son with hugs and kisses.

"Hi mother." Dad laughed, giving the smaller woman a hug.

I suddenly noticed Carly standing nervously in the kitchen next to Jess.

"Hey Mr. C!" Jess said excitedly, waving at my dad.

"Jessica! Come here and give me a hug!" My dad laughed, holding open his arms.

Jess laughed, stepping forwards to hug dad.

"So, you going to make an honest man out of my son yet?" My dad teased, winking at Brian.

"I'm doing my best Mr. C." Jess laughed, walking over towards Brian.

"And you must be Carly?" My dad asked, glancing towards my girlfriend.

Carly nodded nervously, walking forwards to stand next to me.

"Lovely to meet you." Carly managed, reaching to squeeze my hand.

"You too, I've heard wonderful things from Jason." My dad smiled, reaching to shake her hand.

Carly's eyes widened, her hand flew to her mouth, and she sprinted towards the bathroom.

I let out a sigh as the door slammed shut.

Brian gave me a look and Jess looked nervous.

"She's had a stomach bug for a few days." I explained. "Excuse me." I muttered, following her down the hall to the bathroom.