Chapter 23:

" It's being weak in front of those who you love, that's why you made Carter leave when I tortured you last time. We will do something different this time, but first a story that you will listen to because I'm making you" he sat me down in Carter and I's room and began. . .

"As you know there are several worlds two of these are the human world and our world. I know people in one of the other worlds and I am having one over to visit. His name is Layn. He is a vampire, just like the ones you heard about on earth. He will execute your punishment because he has been complaining about how hungry he is for the past week. Carter will be there to watch you as it happens. Go lay down so that you are out of the way" He ordered.
I walked over to my bed and laid down on my stomach letting my silent tears seep into the pillow. A long time ago I had felt safe in my room, but so much has changed, that is no longer so. I wanted to cry out and beg to Jack, tell him I would do anything, but I knew that would do me no good. When I heard Carter's voice and felt his presence in the room.

"Jack!! What are you doing with the princess laying in her bed in our room?!" Carter almost screamed.

"I am simply about to give her what she has been deserving for a very long time" Jack said before fire tying Carter to a chair. Then I felt another presence in the room. It must be this Layn guy. His presence was different then one that I had ever felt. It felt like he was cold, but not water cool. It was like freezing cold, I was guessing that was because he was dead and he didn't have the small amount of life force heat that Carter and I had.

"Jack what do you want from me? I am thinking about leaving simply out of hunger" He spoke in a thick Transylvanian accent. I felt Jack move over to me and I knew I was right when I felt him place a hand in my hair. He stroked my hair and started explaining the situation to Layn.

"Layn, this girl has been messing around for far too long. She messed up fifteen times in fifteen minutes. So she deserves a consequence and you were very hungry. She is the closest person to a human here and I am sure her blood is very sweet. . ."

"Get. Off. Me" I said calmly to Jack. Then he yanked my hair pulling me to where I laid on my back and I saw Layn. He was striking. I would never go for him, but he was beautiful. Until I remembered what he was about to do. I couldn't stop looking at him though, he was absolutely perfect. His hair was bright blond and his eyes were jet black. The contrast was amazing, if I had artistic skill I would draw him.

"Oh, she's a feisty one isn't she? Back where I live humans are thought of as way below us, we are a higher species. Especially human girls. Now Jack let me continue if you please" Jack moved out of the way and I felt Layn move closer to me. I hid my neck under the blanket only leaving my head out of it. My head was still pounding from Jack pulling my hair and I waited.

"Elaine! Bring your wrists out of the blanket. This will be part one, the longer you wait the worst my part will be" Jack said. Then he smirked and walked over to Carter and hit him with a fire ball to his chest.

"No!" I cried out "Don't do anything to him it's my punishment not his" He hit him again "No, please Jack I'm begging" I got off the bed and got on my knees in front of him crying "Please, I'll do anything"

"Anything? Go lay back down and follow all of Layn's orders. If you do that without hesitation, then maybe I'll let him go unharmed" I walked over to the bed again pulling my blankets up over me. Then I put my wrists out and looked away.

"I am ready Layn" I said submissively.

"You will look me in the eyes and watch me as I do this and remember why we are doing this" Layn said. I turned my head slowly to look at him, my eyes locked on his and I watched.

He stared right at me as he lowered his face to my wrist. He opened his mouth and I saw his fangs, I almost had to cry and look away right then, but I remembered that I was doing this for Carter's sake. I was expecting to feel his breath on my skin, but I felt nothing, which just reminded me of what he was about to do. I screamed out in pain and watched as he sunk his fangs into my skin still not losing eye contact with me. I felt myself grow weaker as he continued.

"Stop!!" I screamed "Your not supposed to suck me dry. You would kill me" He yanked his fangs out of my skin blood running down his face.

"I do what I want, when I want and I wasn't sucking you dry and Jack told me to get something to eat and I am sure as h€|| not done with you" This time I watched in horror as he moved quickly and then sunk his fangs into my neck, I screamed.

I don't think you know how much it hurts to have blood sucked out of you, through where you breath. Well, I do and it hurts. He continued and I couldn't stop my self and pushed him away. He glared at me and licked his lips of my blood that remained on them.

"Jack, bring me the boy" Jack walked a struggling Carter over to Layn and I struggled with my pain to get up.

"No, Layn please I'll do anything. This time I promise and I can't break promises if I swear to them" Layn looked at me as if he was staring into my soul and moved his face away from Carter's struggling wrist and Jack dragged Carter to the other side of the room again.

"Before I make this deal let me see your wrist and tell me again that you can't break promises" I did as I was told this time and Layn said "Your telling the truth" I had no clue how he did that, but I didn't care.

"Is it a deal?" He sighed and then nodded. "I swear that I will do anything that Layn tells me to do as long as I am in Farana or another world" I felt a wave go over me and Layn walked over to me.

"Go sit down and make it easy for me to feed. No protests" I walked over to a nearby chair and sat down. I knew what was going to happen this time so I wasn't too surprised. He sped over to me and sunk his fangs into my neck. I took a quick breath, but besides that I just let him. After about thirty seconds Jack told him to stop because Jack wanted to do his part before we had to go back to lessons. Reluctantly Layn pulled his fangs out of my neck then he put one drop of his blood into the opened wound and it disappeared as quickly as it came.

"Let's move little princess. Layn, do what you wish with the boy"