Chapter 25:

A/N: I don't do author's notes much, but this one I just had to put because it made me VERRRRRRRY happy.

WE HIT 25 VOTES!!!!!!! YAY!!!

"If you take that curse off of Carter then when the time comes I will come willingly to your country and be yours. All you have to do is wait until I finish visiting my home country. Then I will go with you, no struggle, and I will do whatever you ask"

"Fine, bring him over here" I brought Carter to Layn and Layn did the exact opposite of what I thought he would. He bit his neck sucked in I almost screamed, but I knew better and just watched. He finished and he looked up at me.

"I am done I sucked the poison out of him, he is fine now" My eyes teared up as I looked at Carter limp sitting there. I lifted him into my arms and wept, trying to wake him up. I then remembered what he said to me to wake me up when we were first taken back here. Layn just stared at me in confusion at my odd doings.

"Carter, please wake up. I need you, you are my second half" Then I kissed him and he opened his eyes and kissed me back. I smiled and told him what had happened. He said he was sorry for what he said, but now he was really tired so together Carter and I went to sleep while Layn still sat there looking stunned in a nearby chair.

--

I woke up to sunlight shining through the open blinds. Birds tweeted outside and all I could think about was getting to see my and Carter's families. Carter was already up and he walked out of the closet in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I got up and put on a little blue sundress I wasn't going to get all done up today since we wouldn't be in Renan until tomorrow.

"Good morning sunshine!" Carter said walking over to me "Are you ready to go because we leave in fifteen minutes. We have to leave early because you are to make a speech about how Joey helped you along the way. So we have to stop in the Meadow"

I must've looked pretty shocked because Carter laughed at me and told me he would meet me downstairs for breakfast. I washed up and braided my hair into a messy fishtail on the side. I walked downstairs and was lifted in the air like I was a rag doll.

"Are you excited for your first big day of traveling, your highness" I knew from that one remark that it was Layn I scowled at him and used water to loosen his grip and set myself down.

"I'm excited, but I mostly just want breakfast. So if you could leave me alone I could make myself some cereal-"

"Allow me" He said furthering my anger with him. He walked in the kitchen and somehow knew that my favorite cereal was frosted flakes and that I needed skim milk since I was lactosentolerant (don't know if I spelled that right). I almost punched him for being so nice after almost killing me. Then, Jack walked in. I had forgotten that he had never come back to my room last night. Carter walked in right after him, looking just as hot as ever. I grabbed my cereal bowl from Layn and sat down at the table. I ate quickly while Carter began explaining what we would be doing. Jack then said "Before she goes she owes me five minutes"

"Fine" Carter said "Five minutes that's it. Literally that's all we have" Jack practically dragged me off to another room and he kissed me! On the lips!!!!! What is this guy thinking?!

I wanted to slap him, but he held my hands back and he said "That was the last time I'll be able to do that my princess. I heard you will be Layn's now and I decided not to visit last night. Have fun with him, I'm sure his vampire kingdom will be happy with him marrying a super natural non-vampire girl. Bye little princess" I felt him control me out of the room and I left.

JOEYS POV:

"C'mon girl let's move!" The guard grabbed me by my hair and I slapped him.
"I can walk you idiot! Just tell me where I'm going I know where everything is. This was formed from my life plant in case you forgot" He glared at me and told me we were going to the holding area. That was bad, that meant that Ryes was going to torture me just like we had planned. . .with water.

I walked into the room and Ryes was there. He smirked at me and a beautiful water girl walked out from behind him. Ryes grabbed me and chained me up against a wall and the girl attacked me, it burned. I hadn't been attacked like this by a water since I met Elaine, but they should be here soon.

ELAINE'S POV:

"It's time to go El get in the car" I hopped in and sat next to Carter since Layn offered to drive. I don't know what's up with him, being so nice all of the sudden. He almost killed me and now he's all nice. We all three talked together about what we thought the Meadow would be like and then I fell asleep on Carter's shoulder.

--

"El, it's time to get up. We're in the Meadow" I heard Carter say I sat up and hit my head on the ceiling. I was picked up by strong steady arms and carried inside. I opened my eyes and I saw Layn's smirking face as I looked up at him.
"Go get ready, you have ten minutes"

"WHAT?!?! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" I got out of his arms and rushed into a room and hurriedly got myself ready. Once I looked as beautiful as I could muster up I put on my blue dress that was solid at the top, but the bottom was high-low and it was turquoise(A/N this is the dress). http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.suplishare.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/lime-strapless-two-tone-beaded-turquoise-homecoming-dress-blush-turquoise-hot-trends-prom-dress-14216287604n8kg.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.suplishare.com/2014-lime-strapless-two-tone-beaded-turquoise-homecoming-dress-6/&h=900&w=642&tbnid=lVCf2-yd6awOuM:&zoom=1&docid=uyQXlGZoaN6jBM&hl=en&ei=26bBVKKCBOaBsQS2jIDYAQ&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCMQMygFMAU It was supposed to show the joining of Renan and the Meadow. I stepped out of my room only to have myself lifted in the air and spun about. I smiled as I landed staring straight in Carter's face.

"Time to go El. Let's walk. Now, remember everyone in the Meadow is required to come and after I drop you off I will leave and come back when it's over"

"Why do you have to leave me there alone for my first speech?"

"They want to hear what you have to say, not me. Now go, we're here" he said and pushed me out on to a stage