Chapter 9:

"Please, let me use the power of the flame. I need it the new girl, Elaine is always bothering us" I heard Jack say. Us who is this us?
"I'm sorry, but this could only be done once and I already used up that opportunity, trust me if I could I would let you. I don't like the girl either. I don't know what it is about her, but I feel like I have to hate her" Wow, that was so rude, I mean come on, I'm right here. Well, I guess she doesn't know that. . .
"Come here Jack" This time I hear Joey's voice and I feel that her and Jack are coming to the door. I run and hide next to a fire place in the hall, hoping that it's heat can hide my coolness. Apparently it worked because they had no clue. I followed them to Joey's room where I watched as a shocking scene occurred.
Joey shot fire out of her fingertips straight at his heart her eyes became a brighter green and I knew she had given some of her power to Jack. I ran back to the fireplace from before and jumped through and then behind the fire willing myself not to scream. I watched as they walked past Jack looked as if he was up to something as he sped to our room and Joey looked as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. I had to get back to my room, it could be a bad move for me physically, but I had to get back or he would know I had followed him. I took a different hallway that was faster back to my room and got in bed.
It was an odd feeling as Jack entered the room I felt the normal coolness of his water ability and then an extreme heat of the fire Joey had given him. I think without her fire I will like her better. Anyways, he walked over to my bed and I could feel his stare looking me over. I acted as if I was just waking up and moved my arms up and yawned he moved back to his bed and slid beneath the blankets as I got up. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed my dark blue tennis shoes. I put them on and a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt appeared on me. I then walked towards the door as I felt him get up and move behind me. I stood still as he moved in front of me.
"Are you afraid?" He asked "Are you afraid of the power that I know you can feel, the power of fire" I gulped and looked up at him he smirked and told me to turn around fully. I did as he asked and he went off just like Joey did into one of those super long stories that I really didn't care about. I heard the story coming to an end "do you understand now?" "Yes" was the only thing I could respond with. He told me to put my hands out in front of me wrists up. I did and he began, he moved his hands in an intricate dance above my wrists and I watched as two beautifully crafted bracelets became engraved into my skin.
He looked at them and said "You should be happy, I could've made them look horrible. They will never go away unless another heater takes them off of you. They will cause it to hurt when you use your ability and it will let me control your hands" I responded weakly with "but. . .but. . .you can't do this. They will find out and take them off. Some of what Joey asks me to do requires my power and with these I can't use it" "Oh, but you can use your ability it will just hurt you, and I can only control you when I can see you. Like right now" He moved his hands like he was moving a puppet and moved me to the door had me open the door and sent me outside and then stopped. "Go now, before I decide to do more" he said though it was slightly muffled through the door.
I walked down the hall to Joey's room, knowing that her power would be weakened and that she would have more of her plant ability now. I felt the odd hot/cold mixture as I went up the stairs and I heard a voice say I decided to do more and I felt someone push me off the stairs I felt myself falling and then everything went black.
--
I woke up in our room with Carter and a bunch of heaters next to me. When they saw I was awake I was bombarded with about a million questions "How did you fall?" "Why did you fall?" "Who did this?" and then I saw Carter look at my wrists which had just slipped out from under my sleeve "How did you get those?!" All the people around seemed to just then notice the marks, they stared at me and then they walked over and looked at them. They told me they could not take them off, but that I was fine and that I needed to get off with my daily job.
--
I was walking up the stairs when the hot/cold thing happened again and I felt my self plummeting, and once again everything went black. I woke up moments after I blacked out and decided that I was fine and walked over to the "secret" staircase that I had found on my first day when I was lost. I went upstairs and walked into Joey's room. She began to speak "I have something to tell you. Three nights ago I gave Jack a little bit of my ability. He has fire in him now and he will stop at nothing to kill you. I have found away out of it though. We're going to Earth"