Chapter 8:

JOEY'S POV:
"Okay crew let's move and grab the first girl"
We moved in on the first house, the girl came to the door in tears. She fell to her knees when she saw us, she put her hands in front of her and waited. When we moved towards her she quickly shot water out of her hands catching all of us, but me. She asked me to leave her in a pleading voice. I felt horrible and said,"I'm sorry, but I have to" She let go of the others and I quickly brought her to the car.
You see I wasn't always like this. I wasn't even originally fire, I was a flower girl, though we prefer to be called the garden people or "gardeners". Everyday the fire people would come from the east going towards the water kingdom in the west. When they came back through they would have between five and ten water people. The people would be tied up or chained to their cars. We never interfered with these practices. One day, I'd had enough I stood on the edge of the Meadow. I created two long vines that laid down on the ground so no-one would see. Then I stood there, when they came back from their daily trip I pulled them into the air. What I didn't expect was that they had one gardener with them that was on their side. This one girl knocked off both my vines and caught the six heaters I had caught. Then she grabbed me and pulled me high in the air so I couldn't reach the plants below. She brought me past the fire border and gave me to them.
They took me to the queen who used me as an experiment. She wanted to see if she could change me and make me a Heater, she could, but Goddess Mina came and told her it would only work once. She said that she should punish me for trying to stop them. So she gave me the task of being the one to take the waters to Farana. It hurts every time I take one, but that is when I remember why I have to do this.
We're pulling up to Elaine's house now.
Elaine's POV:
I heard and felt them coming and I came to the door and did exactly what I did the first time I was taken. I knocked over Joey and three guards the other two came at me. I created a wall then jumped over everyone and went outside. I ran and then Joey caught me with her fire chains and held me in the air, appraised me again, put me in the car, which I escaped from, and then flew where she knocked me out and then caught me everything went black again.
This is where it changed, instead of waking up to a silent room and an incredibly sarcastic and irritable Joey, I woke up in the same bed I had been in when Carter had woken me up. Today I headed over to Joey's room on my own. She called me in and told me we would only take people once a week and that today I was off. I decided I would go visit Carter.
I guess that since Carter is in charge of prisoners he would be in the dungeon. The thing is I don't know where the dungeon is. So after I looked around for about an hour I found the dungeon and I walked in.
There was a guard right there in front of the door. He asked me what I was doing and I said that I was visiting Carter. He let me in and told me he was in the second door on the left.
I went in the door and saw about three guys and two girls they were all dressed in the blue uniform that Carter always wore. One of the girls was Kandace from our room and one of the boys was Jack, also from our room. Jack walked up to me,"Who are you, a new girl? I don't think you could hurt a fly" "Oh really?", I replied, "'Cause I'm definitely not the one who knocked out Joey and three of her guards, and escaped them twice in the process. I also didn't knock out a whole room of guards when I got taken in," "I know you didn't that's why I said that", he smirked and walked back to the chair he had been sitting in. "What would you say if I got Joey down here and had her tell you?" "I would say that's impossible because she hates waters she won't even let us talk to her," "You do realize that I'm from your tier and that the only reason I didn't get this job was because Joey and the queen couldn't trust me doing it!" "If you were from our tier you would've been brought here with a boy from our tier, and who would that be?"
I watched as Carter stood up I had watched his anger flood as Jack had been talking. "She came with me and she did all that stuff, I watched her. Ya know what, put us in the memory room and watch as it plays out!" "Okay, but if you are lying then I get to take this little lady to Joey and tell her that she had attacked a fire girl for fun" Carter and I agreed to the deal, and Carter lead me to the so called "memory room". When we walked in I saw to chairs with helmets above them that looked like they were for astronauts.
We sat down and I felt the helmet go on my head. I heard a voice telling me to think of the moment I first saw Joey and her crew. The voice told me that the people watching would hear my thoughts. I thought back to that moment, and I went all the way through everything that had happened to me, up until this morning when Joey told me I was off. The helmet left my head and I saw a Jack who was looking at me like I was a lion that could kill him any second, a proud Carter, and a not very surprised Kandace and the other boy who looked very pleased with what he had seen. I stepped out of the chair and said,"Well, I better check in with Joey and tell her that I haven't run away. Goodbye now! See you tonight in the room!" I smiled as I looked back and saw Carter watching my every move as if I was the queen of Renan or something. I thought nothing of it and went back upstairs getting lost along the way.

TIME SKIP: because walking is boring

I stood outside Joey's door and I heard talking coming from inside I realized that the queen was inside talking to Joey. The queen said that Joey had done a good job taking the people in from water and that she had not shown a single sign of her previous life as a flower girl. Joey pleaded with her to let her go back and the queen continued saying that this was her punishment and that she would fulfill it. I felt the queen coming towards the door and ran down the hall and then started walking at a normal pace towards Joey's door.
The queen did not acknowledge me and I walked into Joey's room. Where instead of asking me why I was late to come and "visit" or tell me some long story that she had told me before. She quickly fire chained my hands and asked me,"How much of that did you hear?" "H-How much of what?" I said trying to be innocent and not seem too nervous. "You know what" she said and I heard an edge in her voice. She wasn't playing around she fire chained me to a wall and eventually I gave in. I told her I had heard that she was once a gardener and that she wanted to go back, but it was some sort of punishment. She told me that I could tell no one about what I had heard, and then she sent me off.
I had never seen Joey mad before she was almost always just playful mad, never really mad. I was scared, I knew too much. Would she tell the queen or kill me, but my most important thought was, can I tell Carter?
--
I got back to the room and saw Kandace asleep and Jack making a tornado out of water on the floor, Carter was just sitting there anxiously. I walked in and saw Carter's face lighten up as he said that he and Kandace had been soooo worried about where I was. I said that it just took a bit longer because Joey had been talking to someone else when I got there. Jack walked over to me and flat out punched me in the face. "Why did you do that?!" I screamed and then, not waiting for an answer I grabbed him around the stomach with a rope of water and lifted him into the air. I held him up against the wall and I asked him again, but more calm this time,"Why did you do that?" He was shaking and he grabbed my hands and pulled them down, letting him go. He walked over to me and said,"Tomorrow will be the last time you use your ability without hurting yourself" I stared at him, not knowing what he was planning on doing. What I did know was that he was serious and I needed to watch out.
--
It's the middle of the night, but I can't sleep so I'm just laying here listening. I haven't slept well unless you count the times that I was unconscious. I hear a noise coming from Jack's bed and a moment later I see a sliver of light as the door opens. I creep out of bed and follow him down the hallway. I see the door to the queens room open. After it closed I moved up and stood next to the door and heard voices from the other side. . .