Chapter 21:

Wow, I thought, I can't believe Queen Nina would let me out of her grip. I am sooo hoping it will take a long time for the country to understand. Well, it's time to make it look like I am just waking up.

"YAWWWWNN. . ." I stretched my arms up and heard feet scurrying around my room. I rubbed my eyes and opened them to an empty room. Carter walked in, trying to act casual.

"Hey, sleepyhead" He said coming over to me and rustling up my already tangled up hair. "You have to go to the stylists so they can make you look like a princess for your grand appearance in Renan"

"Oh, well I better get my day dress on. I don't need to look worse than I already do" I said and took off my loose fitting nightgown grabbing out one of the oddly human clothes that I had. It was like an old-timey human dress. You even had to put on a corset beneath it. I pulled the white corset out and tightened it to the tightest it could be around my waist. Then I put on the light blue day dress that was in my closet. Fire people didn't use the shoes for changing like we did, so it made since that it was a dress instead of shoes.
As I walked out of the room Carter stared at me in awe and amusement at my immediately blushing face. I glared at him playfully and blew him a kiss as I left the room for the stylist's area. A thought suddenly struck me, I have an older brother. The queen had a son before me and I would have to accept him as a brother, especially since he was only a year older than me. Here in the countries of Renan, Farana and even the Meadow the daughter, no matter if she is first born or not, becomes queen. Unless the queen does not have a daughter then the son must quickly marry to a suitable wife. I wonder if he knew about me or if I wasn't the only one who was clueless.

My thoughts were broken from an extreme heat slamming me in the back causing me to lose my breath and fall to the floor. "Hello, little princess. I think I will call you that now, it's much better than Elaine. Don't you think?" I did not respond I only lay motionless as Jack approached me. "I asked you a question, isn't it proper for a princess to answer the questions of a neighboring kingdom's prince"

"You are no prince for Farana, they are too good for that" I snarled at Jack, while standing up "And I have princess etiquette lessons and a room full of stylists to get to. So if you would move out of the way"

"Fine princess, but I'll meet you at the princess lessons later" He said and smirked at my completely clueless face.

------

JOEY'S POV: (You didn't think I had gotten rid of her yet. Did you?)

"This is what we do with traitors mam. You have caused many of Renan's people much harm and you of all people know that us in the Meadow do not tolerate that" Said the guard who was dragging me into a cell deep under the Meadow.

Story time! Let me tell you what happened after I was whisked away in my walls. . .

"Carter!! Run through the portal with Joey I'll stay here. She can't hold it open forever!!" I heard Elaine say through my walls and I opened a little spot for Carter to slide in. "No, Elaine I'm staying with you! We made it this far I'm not leaving you now! Joey, just go!! We can't hold them off forever!" Carter screamed.

"You got it" I muttered to myself. I let myself back into the Meadow where I could be free. I wondered what kind of welcome I would get from the people who would be there. I let the darkness take me as I let my mind go to the Meadow.

--

"Who is she?"

"Isn't she that fire girl who left with the water rogues from Farana?" "Hey, she's the fire guard who took the waters from Renan every week or so"

"Yeah, you're right, but what do we do with her?"

"She used to be a Gardener. She is a traitor, we turn her in"

"But she saved those waters with her"

"Probably just because she had to and now they have no use for her so they sent her to us"

"Fine, let's just take her to Commander Roland"

My eyes fluttered open and I saw two Gardeners dressed in green leaf togas tied around them by vines. They were carrying me in between them in a vine net. I new that attempting at getting out of it was futile. When to people work together to make something in the Meadow that are unable to be defeated. Instead I lay there and waited to see where they were going to take me.

"Hey she's awake what do we do?" Said the woman who was clearly clueless on what to do.

"We keep walking I've done this before and I know who she is we have to stay strong and keep ourselves together" Said the man I recognized as my best friend from when I lived here. He was hardly recognizable he was truly a man now. His name is Ryes (pronounced r-eye-is) He was the last person I loved before I knew that anyone I loved was in danger.

"So, how's life here Ryes? It's horrible in Farana where I was forcefully enfused with fire and forced to capture the people I worked every day wanting to free" That would hit him pretty hard and I knew it, we had both planned on saving them every day and when I disappeared and then he saw me doing what I did, it must have broken him.

"It's fine Jocelyn, now that you're gone" That hit close to home too, but he wouldn't know because I laughed. "We're here, traitor. It's time for you to see what happened once you left besides the fact that broke me. You didn't know, but that afternoon I was going to ask you out to the Midnight Ball"

We were in front of my old training area and I knew I was here to see my old second in command Roland and my mother. I knew I was right as my tear stained mother walked out of the place and walked over to me.

"I never thought I would see you caught in something that you had created to catch the Heaters that you despised" She looked at me and then walked away and as she did said, "Roland come on out and do your worst. I never want to see her again"

"Of course Madame" Roland said as he walked out, just as striking as he was back then. He wasn't my type though. I knew he liked me, but I didn't feel that way about him. "Now Joey, if I may call you that, you and I both know that I hate dealing with prisoners, so I am just going to send you off to the dungeon for now and I'll let your good friend Ryes deal with you the day after tomorrow it's almost the middle of the night"

Ryes and the girl through me on the ground in my net that fell apart without their teamwork keeping it together. I quickly stood up and instead of fighting followed Roland obediently where I was turned over to a guard who began dragging me to the dungeon that I knew all too well, especially since the roots of my life plant had carved the tunnels that literally matched the veins on the back of my hands.

"This is what we do with traitors mam. You have caused many of Renan's people much harm and you of all people know that us in the Meadow do not tolerate that" He said and that's where we are! Now you're all caught up. I'm going to try and contact Carter through the connection I had made with him and Elaine before we left for Earth.

He threw me in a cell and another guard and him worked together to make a net on the front of it. Then I was left in peace to contact Carter. I just hope he remembers how to contact me back. Wait, I still have my phone from earth, I'm just gonna hope Carter has his.