Chapter 22:

Carter's POV:
Elaine just left and I'm just thinking about what the Queen said. We needed to stay until we convinced a huge country to all believe that it was right for their princess to stay in an enemy country and do as they wish. Yeah. . .this is going to take a while. I don't really have to take etiquette lessons only El does. I just have to tell her that I'm taking etiquette lessons, when in reality I'm just learning things about protecting her from people who don't want her to be the new princess. People who just want her brother to rule.

"Rrrrrrrrring. . . . .Rrrrrrrrrrring" Hey, that's my phone from Earth and it's going off, but no one except Kandace, Connor, El, and Joey know my phone number. More importantly HOW DO I HAVE SERVICE HERE?!?! Well, I better answer it, whoever it is could be in trouble.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"It's Joey and I need your help. I need you to somehow leave Farana and come to the Meadow I'm in jail underground there. They think I'm a traitor for doing what I was forced to do there. Now, I don't have much time to talk, so just come and save me. They are having the day that I'm punished with whatever they are going to do the day after tomorrow. So I need you to get there before then. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am and you're in luck. Princess Elaine and I leave to go to Renan tomorrow. We can make a stop there to tell the people of the Meadow about the fact that she is the princess. While she talks I can come get you since all of the meadow will be required to be present for her speech"

"Sounds like a plan"

"Bye"

"Bye"

Elaine's POV:

I walked into the room of stylists and was quickly put in a chair and moved across the room in front of a mirror. All I saw from that point on was splashes of pale pinks and blues of all different shades. Every once in a while I would be told to close my eyes and things would be applied to my face.

The stylists finished and told me to go two doors down to meet Ms.Lee and not to be late for my own safety. Before I walked down there I decided I would look at myself in the mirror. I had light makeup and I was wearing a midnight blue dress that was solid at the top and became sheer at the knees. I was beautiful!! I decided that Ms. Lee would definitely like my look.

What I didn't realize was that I was taking too much time staring at myself and I was late to Ms.Lee's class. I walked casually over to the room and felt an immense amount of heat as I walked in. I realized that Ms.Lee was a Heater and that what they meant when they said "for your own safety". She quickly walked over to me, she was wearing a deep red dress and her bright tangerine hair was but up into a messy bun in the top. She grabbed my hand and practically dragged me across the floor over to a couple of chairs. I sat down and waited for instruction.

"Welcome, you are extremely fortunate I am here and that you weren't too much later. I only have today to prepare you. So I need to be sure that you are on time to our meetings. Which means that after lunch you need to come quickly and also after dinner. We will begin now, but I will be a bit harder on you since you were late and I don't have much time. Stand up and do your best wave" I guessed that she meant with my water so I lifted my hands and created a wave and then made it disappear. She looks at me and face palmed.
"I meant waving, as in moving your hand back and forth" She sent a shock down my arm and I'm guessing it's punishment for my stupidity. "Ow" I said quietly and she looked at me as I lifted my hand and waved with my hand cupped, rotating it back and forth. "Swell job, now you'll learn how to accept a dance and dance. A friend of mine will be your partner"

"Ok" I said cheerily awaiting my partner's arrival. I felt a hot/cold sensation. No, I thought. "Oh, Jack you're here just in time!! This is Elaine and she will be your dance partner. Go easy on her, but let me know each time she messes up"

So this is what he meant when he said he would see me later. I wonder if she can sense the hate emanating from me. I think Jack can, because he's smiling/smirking to much to just be playing a round with my mind.

"Now, Elaine you were given the knowledge to be able to dance. So you will execute it now with no problems. Jack will let me know otherwise"

"Yes ma'am" I walked over to Jack and he started talking to me in what I recognized as Spanish. He asked me a question in Spanish, but I had no clue what he said, I didn't catch it fast enough.

"She did not know what I said" Jack said with no emotions. Ms.Lee looked at me in disappointment.

"I thought you would know your own native tongue. Tsk tsk. No matter we will continue with your work after a small consequence. Focus on his question this time" She sent two much harder shocks down my arm and I yelped and felt weak, but nonetheless I focused on Jack's question.

"¿Puedo tener este baile?" (May I have this dance?) I think he asked if we could dance, so here goes.

"Si, es posible que" (Yes, you may) I think I got it right because he bowed and i curtsied and the music began to play. I analyzed that it was a waltz and I began. What I did not to was follow Jack's lead.

"Ella, no estar-I mean Elaine did not let me lead" Ms.Lee shook her head in disapproval and I fell to the ground with her next shock. Jack continued "If she messes up again let me deal with her, she can skip lunch and I can take care of the issue. Just mark down how many times she messes up. This way we can get more done faster"

"That's a great idea Jack lunch is in 15 minutes so you can do that when the time comes" She smiled that kiss-up smile at him and explained to me that he was a prince of Farana and after a small protest from me, she said I would need to respect him highly and do as he said. We did our dance number twice more with fifteen small mess ups from me, I know I am horrible. I mean that's like a mess up every minute. Then it was the dreaded lunch time, or consequence time for me. Ms.Lee dismissed us and Jack used fire to lift me and drag me down the hallway.

"I figured out your weakness" Jack began