Chapter 7:

I told him I was coming and I grabbed my pair of light blue slippers. Quickly changing my clothes to my blue dress. I followed Carter down the hallway silently, he paused every once in a while like he was listening for something. When we finally made it to the room, he told me he couldn't go in and left me in front of the door. I wasn't sure if I should knock or not. I mean no one was around I could run away and never come back. Before I could decide, I felt heat and I heard Joey's voice, "Elaine, I know you're out there, so if you were thinking about leaving forget it. I've known you were there ever since that boy left you here. Come in, don't be shy", even though I couldn't see her I could tell she was smirking, after I didn't come for about a minute she spoke again,"Come in here now, or else" As if on queue I saw flames come from under the door and grab my hands. One on each hand and one on each foot. "Come on little puppet", she said teasingly as she moved me one foot by another to the door. Then she had my hands open it and had me walk in and stand in front of her.
"Do you understand that every time I ask you to do something you need to do it or I will have to alert the queen and who knows what will happen if she gets involved. Your choice, and just to let you know. I don't like forcing people to do things, so don't make me. Now, before we get going I have a story to tell you" That is where I zoned out, she told some long story that I had zero interest in hearing. Then, she stood up and I stood up with her and began following her down the hall. She began explaining that we would be going to water with the experienced fire warriors. At water we would be finding more people to bring here.
We walked for what seemed like forever and we ended up in a long corridor that had a door the outside at the end and a series of doors on both of the walls. "Wake them up" "What?! You're expecting me to go wake up a bunch of your fire guards! They're gonna kill me!" "No, they won't. Now go" She waved me away and before I knew it I was in front of the first door. I walked inside and saw a man who looked exactly the same as all the other guards. I splashed one spinneret of water on to him and he woke up with a start. His hands were aflame immediately then he shot one chain of fire at my hand that I quickly dodged while squeaking out a quick good morning. I did the same to every single guard. When I came to the last door they woke up, but he couldn't get the energy to hit me. I asked him if he was okay and he said that he was sick. So I told Joey -as she told me to call her- that the guy was sick. She told me he was their drummer who kept them all in time, but they should be okay for today.
She looked at her guards and said,"I have a plan, let's go" We got into her fire-vehicle and we set off toward the western border of Fina (the fire kingdom) we walked up to the wall and she left an opening where I walked through. Then the guards and Miss Joey walked through on their own. They quickly explained that we would go in to town and I would be dropped off at my old house, telling me that there were trackers in me for if I tried to run away. Then, they would go get the scheduled people they were supposed to pick up, this time we would all be riding in the vehicle together, and then they would pick me up. I would fight back and then be punished or brought back. They said I would be "miss example" for all the new people. They dropped me off and I sat inside and waited.