Eliza looked at him disbelievingly, "You wear those around the house??"

"What, no. Not all the tim-" Peter started. He was cut off by May yelling from the kitchen.

"NO WEB SHOOTING IN THE HOUSE!!!!"

Eliza snorts and Peter whispers, "How did she even know?"

"I don't know... maybe she has a mAy tiNgLe," she said. Peter let out a laugh. When the pair had tried explaining their powers to Aunt May, when it came to their 'sixth sense', the woman had called it their 'tingle'. Peter was annoyed by it, but Eliza found it hilarious.

(~time skip~)

July 1st 1:55 pm

Eliza Porter walked downtown to the bookstore, after spending a few hours with Peter. She was wearing a black short sleeved button up shirt, tucked into jean shorts, along with her black converse. Getting to the bookstore, she was greeted with the smell of fresh ground coffee, and old books. Her second favorite smell in the world.

Hannah was at the front counter, sipping on a cup of coffee when she came in. Hannah was usually not a big fan of teenagers, but Eliza was her only exception. She liked her because she had an amazing sense of style, and really loved books and coffee. 

"Ahhh Eliza!!!" Hannah said, jumping over the counter and running over to the girl, engrossing her in a bone crushing hug.

(a/n- hannah is played by the one and only gorgeous goddess, aubrey plaza^)

"How are you?! It's been so long since I've seen you!" Eliza exclaimed, releasing her from the hug and walking back over to the front counter.

"I've been really good actually, planning my wedding is one thing I didn't think I would enjoy, but it's actually really fun, and Charlotte has been bugging me about the flower's but I love her too much to get mad at the love of my life," Hannah said. She usually wasn't one to talk a lot, but when it came to her fiancé, there was non stop smiling.

"I wish I had a relationship like your guy's," Eliza sighed, resting her head up with the palms of her hands, her elbows on the counter.

"Well duh, we're two cottage core lesbians who own their own bookstore, it's pretty great," Hannah said, taking a sip of coffee.

"i tHoUgHt yOu wErE aMeRiCaN."

They talked for a little while more before Eliza started to actually work at her new job. It was really nice working with Hannah and Charlotte, because they were like her older sister's. She was really glad that neither of them brought up the subject of her mom, because that was all she thought about when she got home and Anne wasn't there.

---------------------------------------

July 8th 7:00 pm

Eliza had been working at her new job for a week, and she had just come home from a day at work. She was walking up the stairs of her apartment building when the building owner came out of no where.

"Ms. Porter?" he asked.

"I-um. Y-yes?" she stuttered, forgetting how to talk to people for a moment.

He handed her a piece of paper and said, "You are to move out of your apartment by tomorrow afternoon or we will move your things for you. Thank you for your cooperation."

Eliza was stunned, "W-what? But I just got my first paycheck, I can pay for rent now."

"It doesn't matter now, someone has already purchased the apartment."

"I- who?" she asked. 

"Tony Stark."

July 8th 7:30 pm

"Hello? Who is this?" a voice said on the other line of the call.

"Um, hi. This is Eliza. Eliza Porter. You remember from Germany and I fought Captain America? I'm Spiderwo-"

"Kid. I know who you are. You don't need to read me your whole autobiography," he said.

"Oh. Ok, well um, did you happen t-to buy my apartment?" Eliza asked.

"Yes I did," he said bluntly.

"Um, you-you didn't need to do that Mr. Stark, I-I just got a job," she said.

"And you can still go to that job if you would like. Listen kid, here are my terms, you can live in your apartment during the school year if you want to, but for the rest of the summer at least, you are gonna stay at the new Avengers compound," he said.

"T-the new Avengers c-compound?" she said, her voice cracking a little.

"Yeah, that's what I said. Anyway, I don't want you living by yourself at sixteen years old, it's not safe. Also," he muttered the last part, "I'm really sorry about your mom."

"Yeah," she said quietly, "But Mr. Stark I have Peter, I-I'm real fine."

"No. Happy will pick you up tomorrow at let's say...nine am."

"I-ok," she paused, "Can I bring Peter?"

"Um, sure? You guys can meet the rest of the Avengers I guess," he said.

"Ok, Thank you Mr. Stark, I really appreciate this," she said.

You could hear the smile in his voice when he said, "Anytime kid."

He hung up the phone and Eliza squealed a little, but then cleared her throat and went to her bedroom window, to go tell Peter what just happened.