Kidgetober 25-29

Enjoy!

25 | Mystery

An loud explosion sounded shaking the buildings of the Garrison. The result was alarms blaring, debris littered over the ground and smoke plumes in the air. Everyone was orderly filing out of the classes and onto the common areas looking up in the sky.

A huge outline of a jack o lantern lit up the dark and cloudy sky. Pidge grinned. This was amazing, laughing she stared up, surprised at how long the outline was lasting. It was scary accurate.

She looked around at her friends who had all met at their lunch table outside. She met the incredulous faces of her friends who were all looking at her. "I didn't do it."

Keith arches a brow, "Then why are you laughing?"

"Because whoever did do it is a freaking genius! I love it!"

She turns and sees her dad jogging towards her, frowning. "What?!? I didn't do it!"

Sam Holt looks at his daughter, who looks completely diabolical, laughing uncontrollably and grinning. He shakes his head, "We will find out."

Pidge smiles, "I wonder. Some mysteries are better left unexplained."

Her dad shook his head and walked on, secretly thinking this was just up his daughter's alley and hoping she covered her tracks well enough. He did glance up at the skin and recognized the ingenuity behind this prank.

Later that night, her and Keith were on the rooftop looking at the stars with some hot cocoa. He maneuvered behind her wrapping a big blanket around the two of them with Pidge sitting in between his legs. 

"So you going to fess up?"

Pidge just grinned, and shyly looked up at his face, whispering, "A girl is entitled to some secrets."

Keith huffed a laugh and started kissing her ear moving down her neck to the one spot that was guaranteed to make her weak in the knees, right where her neck and shoulder meets. He murmurs, "Okay, be like that. I have ways of getting you to talk."

26 | Haunted House

Pidge has always wanted to work at a haunted house. This was like a dream job for her during the fall. She could tinker with electronics to her hearts content while getting paid to scare people. Perfect!

Her brother got her in and she knew that they would have an amazing time working together. Since he worked here for a few years and she just turned 16 she followed his lead. He had some cool friends here and they were really nice to her(probably) because she was his sister. But after a week she felt like she was actually making friends on her own. Real friends.

It was so nice to hang out with people who didn't care that she was super smart and on the young side. No one made fun of her ideas or her size. They even got her sense of humor! The appreciated that she was tech savvy! Pidge ended up picking up extra hours since she was enjoying herself so much. Who knew a job could be so much fun?!

It was finally a few days before Halloween which meant she was pretty much working every day. She was in the control booth for the haunted house while Matt was working the lighting and sound for the haunted hayride. But it was cool because she knew what she was doing and the staff trusted her. In fact, they actually were happy she was working because they got her full attention. She took her break and was on her way back to the haunted house when she tripped over someone's leg, stumbling and trying but not quite catching her balance. Pidge braced herself for impact.