Kidgetober Day 6-Hot Drinks

Enjoy!

Lance so owed her for helping him out. He recently came out of retirement and is teaching a pilot survival class and asked if she'd help. Yesterday. Talk about short notice! Of course she said yes, but it's so fucking cold! And she hates the cold. Ugh and this was going to last all weekend! She's hoping it doesn't rain because the only thing worse than being cold is being cold AND wet.

Lance turns and arches a brow. She knows he's judging her. They had been hiking from their 'crash site' for most of the day. Like early day before the sun was even out. In the cold. And dark. And now they were in a freaking forest. Of course it's light now but not for long, the sun is setting and the temperature is going to drop even further! She frowned and opened her mouth to tell him to shut up when he stopped and announced,  hands clapping, "Okay sun is going down! What do you do?"

The cadets scrambled to yell out answers some dumb some not as dumb. Pidge moves back and observes. While her job was to keep them safe she was also supposed observe and take notes. A few of them were notably scared and it was second nature to keep an eye on the assholes of the group. Just in case, because they were most likely to act dumb or mean. And Pidge has vowed those people are not hurting anyone on her watch. As they all moved to start setting up a camp there was a loud <pop>.

Cosmo and Keith appeared and the cadets freaked! Complete freak out...and Pidge couldn't help it she laughed, long and hard. Hand on her knees, she watched as kids were dropping, running, hell one even climbed a tree. She howled but stopped abruptly when one cadet suddenly jumped in front of her with his gun out.

Oh my gosh, was he trying to protect her? And where did he get a flipping gun? Honestly she didn't know if she should be angry or amused. Shrugging she dismissed him and was going to disarm him before someone got hurt. But the guys handled both emotions for her.

Lance started laughing stating, "My dude, you don't really think you are going to save Pidge! Like she's some damsel in distress, calling for help! She doesn't need you to save her! Idiota."

Meanwhile Keith was frowning. He walked straight towards the kid (okay, adult) without hesitating disarming him in a few seconds a little rougher than she would have. The kid ended up howling in pain and looking scared. 

Shaking her head, she kneels to greet Cosmo. "Who's a good boy?!?"

When the kid belatedly puts his hand on her shoulder Cosmo lets out a growl. Rolling her eyes, she stands. "Aren't you supposed to be setting up camp?"

The guys nods slowly and backs away. Pidge relaxes as he moves away and recognizes that dammit she is still cold. Sighing she turns to feel Keith putting his coat over her shoulders, stating lowly, "Lance the team is ready to attack. I told them to use blanks but, well, I don't know. They have an odd sense of humor and I'm not guaranteeing their behavior. At all. I don't really know how this is going to end up. But it ain't my party."

Pidge takes a minute to nod at Keith's statement and then turns to Keith, "I don't need your coat I'm fine, I'm "

Keith arches a brow, "Don't lie. You're the first to be cold and who the hell is the schmuck who was trying to protect you from ME?"

"Keith, you jelly man? Cuz lemme tell you ...the guys here are crushing hard on our Pidgeon!"

Pidge can feel her face heat up and throws a dirty look Lance's way. "Enough! Are we ready for phase 2 or not?" I interject. Dammit Lance is annoying. Why is he trying to embarrass her? She's doing him a favor!

Lance chuckles, "No, sorry. Let's let them relax for a little before we do anything else. Hit them when their guard is down. You know that's the time when things tend to go wrong. When you are full and tired."

Keith nods, "Well, okay, um, Pidge, here's some hot chocolate."

Pidge accepts and tries to look warm. "Hey so, I'm good. No worries."

"It's from Hunk."

"Ohhh why didn't you say so! He makes the best hot chocolate!!"

Keith smile and nods, "If you say so."

Pidge grabs the canister and starts to walk away with Cosmo at her side. "Well, I'm going to check on the kids and enjoy this, Keith-don't leave without saying bye."

Hours later...

Lance looks at Keith, "So, I thought you were too busy this weekend with the Blades and couldn't help out? Yet here you are bringing Pidge hot chocolate...is someone finally ready to claim his love?"

Keith stays silent. Finally offering, "What? Can't a guy just bring his friend some hot chocolate?"

Lance laughs, "Sure, of course, my friend, so then where is mine?"

Keith frowns, "Whatever. You don't need hot chocolate. So, um, who's the guy who was protecting her? Shiro said some guys were trying to, well shit." He starts rubbing his face, that is quickly turning red.

Lance smiles, "Dude, I'm glad you are finally being honest. Lemme give you a few suggestions. Cuz your delivery sucks! Hahaha!! "

Keith rolls his eyes...but keeps his mouth shut. He's not going to turn away help.