Break Up

Keith shows up to Pidge's apartment unannounced, to find her post break up. Please let me know what you think!!!

Keith is bruised and sore, but he knows foundationally he's fine. Which is exactly what he told his mom. And the doctor. And Shiro. And whatever Garrison captain was there when he landed. He wished people would stop trying to tell him what was good for him. He knew that he was hurt but he also knows when he can just push through. He paused with his hand on the doorknob, flashing back to a small planet out in the middle of nowhere. There was a quake and some kids were trapped. Since his team was already helping, they went into action, rescuing the kids. Unfortunately for him, another quake hit right before he was able to get out himself. Cosmo had to poof in and out to help him. No broken bones, no stitches, so it was a win win as far as he was concerned. He just needed to sleep for a solid day or two.

Thankfully, he had the foresight to plan a trip to Earth and had already gotten clearance from Pidge that he can have her spare bed. Sadly, Cosmo had never been to Pidge's new apartment because she decided to move just in the last two weeks. So here he was, climbing up stairs that he had no business climbing. His ribs ached, he was starting to get a headache and he knew was past due for a shower. The best part of staying with Pidge though meant she wasn't going to nag him or care that Cosmo wouldn't leave his side. He smiled, thinking that Pidge was pleased to see Cosmo anyways. He softly laughed maybe even more!

(Sigh) One more flight to go. As he gets to floor seven, he realizes he can hear yelling. He unconsciously picks up the pace, hurrying even more when he realizes the yelling is coming from what should be Pidge's new apartment, 713 at the end of the hall. As he reaches the door, he can clearly make out Pidge's angry yell and Cosmo growls. He bangs on the door with his fist, hoping she's just getting involved in a movie. He knows in his gut he's wrong though, so he bangs again harder.

Somehow right when he stopped banging, he hears a male voice rise-while he can't make out the words it's definitely yelling. Frowning, Keith makes a move to shoulder check the door when Cosmo leans against his good leg and flashes him to the other side of the door.

Quickly he glances around and sees Pidge on one side of the room, dressed in only a fluffy towel wrapped around her body, feet bare and her coffee hair wavy and wet, leaving drip marks down the towel. But what makes his fist clench is the tall angry man in the front room directly across from her – red faced, with first glance, what looks like a vein throbbing in his temple. As he sizes him up, he figures under normal circumstances Pidge could take him down in no time. But, as she is just in a towel, there's no way he is letting her tangle with the asshole. Instead, he drops his bag and readies himself, adrenaline rushing in his system briefly masking the pain he was just feeling moments ago.

Cosmo must also feel the hostility in the room because he growls at the guy menacingly. It's so abruptly silent upon his arrival, all yelling stopped, that for a minute Keith wonders if he is hearing right. It seemed as if the whole room just froze, he glances around quickly taking stock of exits, possible weapons and Pidge's boxes still not unpacked along the wall. But suddenly Pidge snaps out of it first, exclaiming his name, and moving to stand next to him. Cosmo adjusts his body, so he is on the other side of her, protective and forbidding. He thinks absently, good boy, without taking his eyes off the man.

He feels Pidge place her hand carefully on his arm, "Keith! You're hurt, (she's now patting his arm) come and sit. Shiro already called me and filled me in on what happened. I was hoping to be ready for you when you came. (turning head to address strange man) Jack, give me back my key and get the hell out of here. I told you, we are done, here and forever."

Keith belatedly notices the flowers in a vase, soft music playing, and some candles lit around the room. Shit, what was going on here? While he still won't take his eyes of the guy, he does ask, "Am I interrupting something?"