Day 11-Baking

AU-Just friends ;)

Kinda short but I got something out!!

Pidge sat glumly at the tall stool at the kitchen island. She was tricked. Her! The genius. Once she heard the word baking she knew she was in trouble. This is why she did not like people. She was fine all alone.

Hunk smiled and clapped his hands, "Thank you guys so much!!! You are the best!! I really want to try to cater for small parties but with the money from this big party, well, I'll really make some connections. So I set everything up in stations. Lance you are on ingredient duty, just measure out the ingredients for the cakes and I'll use the mixer. The oven is on and once all are baked and cooled we can decorate!! Pidge, well, originally I was going to have Keith chop the chocolate for the cakes but, well, you think you are good with a knife?"

Pidge gazed at Hunk's excited smile and, crap, you cannot disappoint a guy who looks that sweet. Ugh. Sighing, I reply, "Of course! Yeah sure, I can do that."

They all go to their stations and Pidge looks at the extremely sharp knife and unappealing hunk of chocolate. Ummm, she looked around and wondered, were there pictures how they should be cut. She never heard of cutting chocolate. Frowning she tilted her head and wished she liked baking, then maybe she would know how they were supposed to look. She took a deep breath and held the brick of chocolate in her left hand and the knife in her right. She held it tightly and raised the knife, she bit her lip and brought the knife down, only to be stopped abruptly by a hand on her wrist.

"What is going on here? Taking over my job Holt?"

Pidge froze. She knew that voice. It was deep and caused her face to flush hotly. Those arms that were around her, hand on her wrist-warm and firm. The heat from the body behind her. He leaned closer and she could feel his chest touching her back. Her heart was racing. Shit. She actually shivered.

"Keith! You made it." Hunk smiled and waved, causing a plop of cake batter to hit the floor. "Oops!"

Keith nodded, "Of course, I said I would." Voice lowered, he continued in her ear, "Katie, why don't you hand me that knife and let me do this."

Pidge closed her eyes, she felt an overwhelming urge to turn around and throw herself in his arms, he saved her!

Suddenly, his head lowered and he continued, "Oh yeah Holt, you're gonna owe me, big time."