I want you and I know you want me too.

Enjoy!

Keith bites his lip, almost drawing blood, wanting desperately to butt in but knowing Katie would want to speak for herself. So, despite how much he wants to do so on her behalf, he keeps himself in check, somehow. Keeping his eyes on Katie, he's taken by surprise when Lance stood abruptly, moving fast enough that he actually knocked his chair over.

"I don't think so buddy, in fact, I know so. Go on, anda, sal de aquí. She does NOT", at this point he slaps his hand on table and continues, "want you. I'm her bestest friend. I would know! And let me tell you, she doesn't need some guy with a stick up his ass who thinks he knows everything!"

Keith froze, feeling vindicated by Lance's take but also completely surprised at how strongly Lance rebuked Griffin. Why was his response so strong? Since when did Lance dislike Griffin? What was he missing? He eyes, tracked to Katie, as they always seem to do late, not wanting to miss Katie's response? He bit his tongue a little more and managed not to say anything to Griffin even though he wanted more than anything for her to agree with Lance.

Not Griffin, please. Please. Heart pounding, he could feel his muscles tense. Like he was bracing for impact. Quiznack!

Katie sighed, replying firmly, "Lance, not your place!"

"What?! You're not saying I'm wrong! You aren't pining for him. He doesn't make your race. Nor are you flushed and pining for just five more minutes of his time. In fact, James is always so full of himself, exactly what you hate. And I think you are-!"

"Lance!!! Stop, seriously." She ran a hand through her longer hair, pulling slightly and then squaring her shoulders. Redirecting her gaze to James, she starts, "James, um, yeah, so, funny enough, I actually had no clue you were interested. I, well shit, I feel really unprepared for this. I honestly, don't know what to say. But having this conversation at a full dinner table in the middle of the mess hall, well, this is probably not one of your better ideas."

Griffin stands and takes a few steps closer to Katie, coming around the table to sheepishly state, "Yeah, I didn't really think this through." He grabs his neck and crouches down so he's right next to her chair and I feel my fingers curl tightly in a fist.

Griffin continues, with no idea that I'm desperately trying not to act on the desire to punch him, repeatedly.

His eyes cut to me, then go back to Katie. He continues earnestly, "I've been feeling this way for a while and I, needed you to know how I've been feeling. I did NOT mean to put you in a tight spot or anything. I'm sorry. I'm usually way smarter than this, I swear. How about we table this for later? Maybe we can have a private dinner and maybe drinks?"

Keith blinks, when the fuck did his hand move to her chair? He didn't think he could refrain from hitting him if he actually touched her.

Katie smiles and nods shyly. Shyly? What the hell? What does that mean? I look to Hunk and mouth, "What the heck?"

Hunk shrugs but doesn't look too concerned. At this point, Katie's alarm goes off and we all know it's time for her to head back to the lab. Keith tries not to look too relieved. No actual date was set. Katie is rushing around throwing out her mess, with Lance practically in her pocket. What was he telling her now?

Keith waits for a few minutes, trying to formulate a plan. He shoves the rest of his burger in his mouth and stands, going to the conveyer belt for dishes on the opposite side of the room. He has to move. No time to lose, not now.

Suddenly he shoved back and pulled into an alcove. Straightening, he meets Griffin's hard look in kind. They size each other up, and Keith resolves to not say a word. He doesn't owe him anything now.