April 29th THU- Fern and oak, shelter & strength

Hi all, hope you have a great Mother's Day if you are one or celebrate~I had a good day with my kiddos and visiting my mom and mother in law.

"STOP!" She kicked the hugh oak she she was standing under. Lowering her voice, she started over calmer, "Keith, you're risking the lives of millions for just one life."

"Damn right! 'Cause it isn't just one life!!! Goddammit, it's yours!"

"But Keith, you have to." Sighing, "this didn't turn out the way we planned but the mission has to come first. That's what the Blades-"

"No! That's an unacceptable option. I refuse. I won't leave. Look, I'll get a message off this damn planet, I'll make sure that others are safe. But I'm not leaving you. You can't ask that of me."

Pidge sighs, "Keith, think of Cosmo, Shiro, hell your mom! You are on a ship. GO. Get the fuck off this forsaken planet and tell the others. I'll figure out a way to mess things up here and buy you time. Time, I'm good at making delays...please Keith, I got this. Go-tell the others, this is what needs to happen. We both know it."

Pidge opens her mouth, wanting to blurt out the words she held in for so long. The words she agonized over, turned over with the hope she'd have an opportunity to say them while on this trip...well looks like they were going to have to remain unsaid. For his sake. She wouldn't hurt him that way. She whisphered "Good bye" and unplugged the radio. Feeling her knees give out she hunkered down against the oak tree in the middle of the damn forest she was in, thinking fuck this went sideways. She closed her eyes and just let herself cry.