EPILOGUE

Reality can be harsh sometimes.

On that chilly autumn night, Old Man Coyote was walking on the human realm, along the grassy path with a bottle of rice wine in hand. The road was deserted, and only the rustle of leaves could be heard as the wind blew.

His steps halted when he saw two little shadows in a distance, walking hand in hand. As the shadows approached him, he saw two kids, a boy and a girl - with the girl bouncing merrily and the boy silently walking beside her while gripping her hand. His eyebrows creased when he recognized the souls of Heloise and Abelard.

"Young man", he said.

The little boy stopped on his tracks and instantly pushed the girl behind him, protecting her. Old Man Coyote could only smile at his gesture.

"What are you two doing in the middle of the night? It is dangerous to be walking at this hour."

"I'm going to take her home", the kid answered.

"Only the children welfare institution is on that direction", Jae Sang said.

"I live there!" The little girl squeaked, making the young boy flinch. "Don't tell him", he whispered.

Jae Sang chuckled and he slumped on the road, leveling his gaze with the two young kids. "What is your name, young lady?"

"Strawberry! Call me strawberry!" She replied energetically and showed him her backpack. "I love strawberry!"

"And you, young man?"

"I'm-..."

"Prince Charming!" The girl said in her tiny, adorable voice. The boy twitched his lips and faced her. "I told you my name is Jiyong", he said, but the girl pouted in disappointment. "Fine, my name is Prince Charming."

"Do you also live in the children welfare institution?" Jae Sang asked the young boy.

"No, I live nearby. I saw her walking alone on the street. I think she ran away."

"Ahjussi, ahjussi", the girl tugged Jae Sang's sleeve.

"Yes, strawberry?"

"Prince Charming kissed me here", she said and pointed at her cheeks. "Does that mean he should marry m-.."

"Let's go!" the boy cut her off and gripped her hand. "We should get going. It's getting dark", he said and bowed at Jae Sang before dragging the energetic girl away.

"Wait", Jae Sang stood up and touched the girl's backpack. "Don't lose this strawberry backpack, young lady", he said.

The two proceeded to their destination and Jae Sang stared at them, walking hand in hand...without a red string attached to their pinky fingers. He then adjusted his hat while smirking.

On that chilly autumn night, a red string was stolen from the lunar matchmaker god's bag.

"Forgive this fool, old friend", Jae Sang whispered to the drunk Yang Goon who was sleeping on the ground. That same night, a new destiny had been created.

Fate is complicated...because people have different decisions and those decisions intersect at some point. Destinies collide. Just like the red string of fate, people's choices can become entangled and make a mess, or they can create a brilliant path.

Just like the red string of fate, it can be seamlessly woven into something beautiful.

Reality can be cute sometimes.

= THE END =

Writer's Note:

I hope you guys enjoyed KNOT THIS GUY! Don't forget to VOTE for this story too! ^_^

Thank you so much for reading! Please FOLLOW me here in wattpad to get notified of my new story!

huntress ^_^

credits: fanart by JW992_banner by iamcrystalball