KNOT 25 - NEAR GOODBYE

CL's POV

This cannot be good. Nothing good comes from an excited TinkerBom. Well, her enthusiasm level is always sky high for everything that made no sense at all but the sparkle in her eyes is very different tonight. It's making me nervous, to be quite honest. I just stepped out for a while and left Bom with Dara so that they can talk and settle whatever was up between them. When I came back in our apartment, Bom was already giving the creep signal.

"Lee Chaerin! Guess what?" Bom exclaimed.

Oh no. 'Guess what' means something's up. And I don't want to guess what that something is. If it's Bom's idea, I'm pretty sure it involves anything that we will regret for the rest of our existence.

"Uh...what?" I asked cautiously and glanced at Dara who was sitting on the couch.

"We will go out and have fun!" Bom replied while bouncing merrily.

That caught me slightly off-guard. Her idea of fun is sticking her head in the microwave and running amok in the wilderness. Okay, that's just how I imagined her to be but still... I can't shake off the uneasy feeling as she continued to glow like a frigging light bulb in front of me.

"Where are we going and what kind of 'fun' are you talking about?" I asked.

"The three of us will go out and spend some time together. Isn't that fun?" Bom squeaked.

Oh. That's it? I thought we're going to do something extreme. I plopped myself on the couch next to Dara, still uncertain how to react. Well, I guess it's fun to hang out for a while. I mean, what can go wrong?

"Tonight, we're going to do everything that Hadana Bom wants. No questions asked", Dara declared.

Noooo! DARAAAA! I widened my eyes at her and sent telepathic messages that - OMG! DO EVERYTHING THAT SHE WANTS? RETRACT YOUR WORDS! HURRY! I think my brain exploded.

"What? Why are you looking at me like I've gone crazy?" she asked.

"That's because YOU HAVE GONE CRAZY!" I whined. This is Hadana Bom that we're talking about. Do everything that Bom wants? I'd seen scary things while I was stuck with her when I was still hunting for a job. There is some weird, funky stuff going on inside her brain and I'm not really anticipating being part of this 'night-out' for Bom.

"If she asks us to run nude in public, Dara I swear...."

"Oh please, like she'll ask that", Dara said defensively.

"Are you sureee?", I eyed her down. No, really. Giving Bom the 'We'll-do-whatever-you-want' kind of privilege is like giving superpower to a five-year-old kid.

"CL, please let's do this", she whispered. "Bom is leaving soon."

"She is?"

"Yes. And besides, I got into a fight with her so I wanted to make it up to her."

I remained silent as I looked at TinkerBom who was checking her reflection on the mirror while braiding her hair. There was a tiny squeeze in my heart at the thought of not seeing her anymore. She already felt like family.

"All right", I muttered. Little did I know that the planned 'night-out' will be the most WTF moment of my life.

==

WTF. Three words that best describes the situation we're currently in. Even enunciating the F word cannot compare to the embarrassment that is slowly eating my sanity. One could never guess where we are right now.