KNOT 6 - RANDOM WORDS

SANDARA's POV

Tears kept streaming down my face as I furiously stared at the TV screen while passionately cursing the writer under my breath.

I'm not even asking for the couple to kiss. A few words at each other would already make me swoon to outer space. Or if the writer is too lazy to think of any dialogue, a tight hug between the couple will do. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?! I even endured the crappy editing and useless political arch of the story but what the hell is that final episode?

I briskly grabbed the last piece of tissue in the box and vigorously wiped my tears. These are not tears of joy or sadness, mind you. For the first time, I'm crying because of utter disappointment over a drama that I've been crazy about for the past months. Damn it, writer!

Jiyong grabbed some more tissues on the new box that he opened and handed it to me. He actually prepared a few extra boxes thinking that I might end up like the crying mess that I currently am.

I had high hopes for the finale since the production even released a statement that the fans will be 'surprised' and 'satisfied'. A lot of speculations began arising on the forum sites and fans pitched in their own ideas of what the perfect closing episode would be like, which are honestly far more superior than what was actually aired.

The drama couple at the last scene...*sob*...They smiled at each other. THEY SMILED.AT.EACH.OTHER. Then BAM! The end! What the hell?! I mean seriously, what the living crap is that ending?!

"I don't believe in happiness anymore!", I declared in between sobs. Those ancient scriptwriters should be stoned in public or buried alive!

"Well, at least the heroine didn't die", Jiyong flatly said.

"Excuse me, can't you see I'm already miserable here?", I wailed dramatically and slumped on the couch, not even bothering to wipe my tears anymore.

Damn that drama writer! I thought she would do something unconventional. She spent the entire episode focusing on that crazy fool who was the villain. The good plot is wasted for that hipster ending! And get this, everyone seemed OK about it. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HUMANITY ANYMORE!

"Alright, enough", Jiyong wiped my face with a bunch of tissues and threw it unceremoniously at the overflowing garbage bin. He then grabbed the glass of water at the sidetable and handed it to me. "Here. Drink up and calm down", he instructed.

I did what I was told and silently watched him as he turned off the TV and opened his laptop to finish some work. I was still gasping for air and was trying to even out my breathing after my dramatic crying saga when Jiyong suddenly stretched his arm and gently patted my back without taking his eyes off his laptop. His little gesture had me smiling, which turned into soft giggles. He curiously glanced at me but resumed what he was doing - patting my back while reading something on the screen. This cyborg never ceases to amaze me. Even if he doesn't comfort me with his words, he comforts me with his presence.

As he was busy working, I fumbled through my backpack lying on the floor together with the other mess I made earlier and pulled out my nailcutter. I then slumped on the floor and placed his feet on my lap. He abruptly stopped and looked at what I was up to and seeing that I'm planning on cutting his toenails, he just ignored me and let me do whatever I want.

As I cut his nails, I tried not to pay attention at the red cord that is tied on my left wrist but it's proving to be quite a challenge. Every day, both of us acts like there's absolutely nothing wrong but I know that we're like ticking time bombs. One or both of us is bound to snap everytime the situation sinks in to our senses or whenever one of us gets frustrated because of the limitations brought about by being tied to one another.

"We have to get your remaining things from your dorm", he suddenly reminded me.

"Some other time", I instantly replied. When CL has a class, Jiyong and I will sometimes sneak in my dorm to get my stuff. I feel guilty whenever we do that but we really don't have much choice, do we?

My roommate has been constantly bombing me with text messages which mostly involves promises of eternal torture once she gets her hands on me. I literally twitch whenever my phone beeps. I already sent her a message before, informing her that I'll be staying somewhere while finishing my school paper but as expected, she totally didn't buy it. She was calling me incessantly but grew tired of only reaching my voice mailbox so she stopped and changed her plan of attack. I already apologized and told her that I'll be back soon but she won't hear any of it and wanted to know the reason why I suddenly disappeared after Jiyong and I showed up in our dorm room that night.

I'm really not sure what to tell people when they ask me if CL is my friend, so I just give a safe answer that she's my roommate. Being the cool girl in our university, everyone wants to be within her orbit and I'm afraid that others might think that I'm an ambitious liar if I assume that CL is my friend. Yes, she somehow worries for me but I think it's just because she pities me and she feels responsible for me since she's my roommate. Also, we haven't really exchanged a serious conversation between each other or do some other crazy stuff that friends usually do. It's sad, though. I really want to hang out and gossip with her and treat her like a real sister. I bet it would be nice and fun.

Okay, I'm being melodramatic again. I blame it to that worthless final episode that I just watched. GAHD! That ending SUCKS!

_____________________________________________________________

The rays of the sun entered the room and the chirping of birds can be heard outside. It was indeed a fine morning. Dara yawned and stretched her body, enjoying the softness of the bed. She rubbed her right leg on the sheet then swung it over and draped it on a 'pillow'. The 'pillow', however, pushed her leg away. Her mind still dazed with sleepiness, Dara slowly opened her eyes and was startled to see Jiyong staring directly at her with deadpan eyes.

"Don't you know how to stay on your side of bed?", he flatly asked.

"You're making a big fuss so early in the morning", she lazily replied and made irritating sounds while smacking her lips, tightly shutting her eyes and enjoying the calmness of a new day.

"Big fuss? I feel like I have to defend myself whenever we sleep. Do you know you always pin me down with your leg?", he asked, which was answered by Dara's hearty yawn.

"Mmmmhhmmmmm....Good morrrrnniinnnggg ~ ~", she straightened Jiyong's furrowed eyebrows with her fingers and gently patted Jiyong's cheek, resting her hand there. "Motorcycle. Penguin. Vietnam. Watermelon. Ethiopia. Scrambled egg. Flyinggggg...meadows!", she chirped and abruptly sat up.

"What?", Jiyong pushed himself up as well and questioningly looked at her.

"Just random words. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and blurt out the enchantment", she said and hugged her knees.

"Flying meadows? Seriously? How can you come up with that absurdity", he shook his head in disbelief. "Let's get prepared. You still have class", he reminded her. Dara then stood up and raised her arms in the air.

"Flyinggggg...meadows!", she jumped out of bed and assumed a superhero pose while Jiyong watched her with a bored expression.

"I'm pretty sure those are not the magic words we're looking for"

"FLYING MEADOWS!", she repeated more forcefully and punches her right fist in front of her while her legs are spread apart.

"Stop it"

"Flyinnnnggggggg...."

Jiyong collapsed on the bed and covered his ears with the pillow, muffling the sound of Dara's annoying random words.

==

"Who is he?", Dara's classmate, named Minji, asked her while the professor stepped out of the room for a while. She threw a tentative glance behind her and looked at Jiyong who was sitting quietly with his arms crossed over his chest. She has been constantly getting questions about him and at first, Dara doesn't know how to reply. After a while, however, she has been enjoying giving them vague answers and letting their imaginations run wild.

"He's someone who follows me wherever I go", Dara answered and giggled. Minji's eyes widened and whispered at her, "Oh my gosh, he likes you that much?!"

"Mmmhmmmm", Dara shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"Does he give you flowers? Chocolates? Teddy bear?"

"No"

"Oh", there was disappointment in her classmate's voice as she slumps on her seat.

"He gave me his wallet though, and told me to use it if I want anything", Dara proudly said and showed her Jiyong's wallet inside his backpack. Minji took a sharp intake of breath, held Dara's hands, and they both squealed silently while swaying their bodies left and right. They then settled on their seats while both giggling with their weirdness.

Dara screamed in shock when Jiyong suddenly pulled her seat, making it recline in a 30-degree angle while her legs dangle foolishly in the air. She looked up and gasped when Jiyong hovered his face above her and cocked his eyebrows. "I can hear you, you know", he sternly said.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I was just joking. Jeez, you are such a cyborg", she mumbled and tried to get up but Jiyong pulled her seat more in an angle almost parallel to the ground and Dara couldn't help but scream in fear.

"A what?", he asked.

"Nothing! I won't do it again!", she clasped her hands and showed her most pitiful face. "Forgive me, your highness", she dramatically said. Jiyong pushed her seat back in its proper position and only then was she able to breathe in relief.

"He's really into you, isn't he?", Minji teasingly whispered.

"Totally", Dara connivingly said and screamed in fright when Jiyong pulled her seat once again while the entire class watch them bicker.

_____________________________________________________________

Seunghyun tilted his head in awe while looking outside the bus window. Waiting for him in the bus stop with a smile plastered on her face is Bom. With a smile plastered on her face. This cannot be good.

As soon as he stepped off the bus, Seunghyun suspiciously circled around Bom while tapping his forefinger on his chin, trying to ascertain what kind of trouble did she get into this time.

"You did something, didn't you?", he asked.

"Noooo", she innocently blinked her eyes and looked at him in bewilderment.

"What is it this time? Did you spook someone again? Please tell me we're not going to face another set of punishments because I swear, this whole human transportation thing is more than enough to humiliate me", Seunghyun muttered after giving a sharp glare to the other Jursas and Hadanas nearby who were following around the destined couples assigned to them.

"No, I didn't. Trust me!", she was using a very sweet voice which of course, puts him on high alert. Her smile is already making him itchy.

"I just have a brilliant idea that..."

"Oh no. No no no. Count me out", Seunghyun cut her off and started walking away.

"Wait, just listen first, will you?", she whined.

"I'm sure anything that will come out of your mouth will just drive me nuts. So please...", he raised his hand and opened his palms in front of her, signaling her to stop.

"I just thought that we can use your power to place them in an isolated island and leave them there until they both fall in love! I'm sure that's the fastest way because they don't have anyone to interact with but each other. There I said it, ha ha!", she gushed and clapped merrily despite the irritated expression on the Jursa's face.

Seunghyun blew out some air and rubbed his face with his palms in exasperation. This Hadana does not have a decent amount of sanity in her.

"You're a life-ruiner", he said while shaking his head.

"But you're a Jursa and you can totally pull that off. Once they're in a situation where they can only depend on each other, affection will follow and they will fall in love and our punishment will be lifted! TA-DAH! Now, worship my awesomeness!"

"Hadana Bom..."

"I know...I know...You're astounded by my brilliance. Huk huk huk huk huk", she chuckled. Oh, that creepy laugh.

Seunghyun remained silent and watched as Bom's chuckles slowly died down. She then turned around and looked at Jiyong and Dara who were walking towards their direction, seemingly arguing about something.

"Why are you in a rush to make them fall in love? What's bothering you, Bom?"

There was a momentary pause between them as they both stared at the destined couple who are now about to walk past them.

"I'm getting scared, Seunghyun. The red string is emitting a strange energy and I know you felt it too. I'm beginning to doubt that it will indeed go back to its original form once they fall in love"

Seunghyun sighed and crossed his arms, "Let's just do our tasks and not be bothered with those things. I'm sure our ascendants will guide us if something happens. Besides, I'll be here with you regardless of whatever exploding fiasco we have to face"

Bom smiled and glanced at him, "I'm still not clear on why Jursas have to be partnered with Hadanas. I know you create misfortunes for the destined couple but I'm not sure why all the Jursas that I've been partnered with are happy whenever the couple fulfills their destiny. I mean, isn't it a waste of effort on your part?"

"No, it's not", he simply replied. Bom sighed and watched while Dara continuously bother the stoic Jiyong.

"Bom..."

"Huh?"

"Can you please NEVER go dramatic on me again? It's seriously making me itchy", Seunghyun complained while scratching his body, earning him a light punch from Bom. The two deities were in chaos as Bom continuously chased Seunghyun around to give him more beatings while the destined couple walks in front of them, engaged in a discussion about Dara's upcoming class activity.

"Jiyong, Jiyong!"

"Mmhmmmm?"

"Who do you think will I interview?", Dara asked. Earlier in her class, the professor announced that their next activity requires them to interview a prominent person. However, the challenge is that the student will be the one who should secure an appointment for an interview and they should be able to have them sign a document confirming that the student was the one who personally interviewed them. If they will be rejected, then they will have to do a more difficult school project to be able to achieve a passing grade for them to graduate. Nobody in the history of the entire Marketing student body has ever failed that school activity and Dara has no plans of being the first.

A list containing the student names as well as the person that they have to interview will be posted on the university website and Dara cannot contain her excitement. What if she is assigned to interview Lee Minho? *SQUEALLLLL!!* She will do whatever it takes to interview him, even if it means barging on his fan meet!

"I don't know", Jiyong answered with disinterest.

"If it's Lee Minho, I am going to impress him with my vast knowledge of his drama. Then I will cling to him tightly even if his security will throw me out of the window. Like this, kyahhh!!", she clung to Jiyong's arm, looking pleased with herself and glanced at him for his approval. But the cyborg's expression remained impassive while wiggling free from his grasp.

She pouted as she watched him walk ahead of her. Suddenly, Dara froze as she felt something and after counting using her fingers, she started to panic.

"Jiyong, Jiyong!"

Jiyong shut his eyes firmly and ignored her. Dara's habit of calling his name twice is rapidly climbing up his list of the most annoying things. He continued walking in long strides but she continued pestering him.

"It's an emergency!", she whispered urgently.

"Jiyong, Jiyong, Jiyong, Jiyong!"

Judging by the number of times she called his name, it probably is an emergency.

"This better be good", he sharply said.

"Red alert!"

He furrowed his eyebrows, not fully understanding what she meant. She nervously rattled off the reason why they have to start running towards the nearest family mart and buy something really important that totally slips her mind that morning.

"You see..uhm..it's that time of the month, you know, for girls...so..uhm...family mart"

"Your period came?", he asked without even pausing. Dara felt her menstruation gushed even more due to embarrassment. He's doing this intentionally, isn't he?

"Yes. It came", she sheepishly replied.

Without saying another word, Jiyong started walking towards the nearest family mart. He then strode on the aisle and grabbed the sanitary napkin to read the brand name.

"What's your napkin brand?", he asked loudly, causing the entire store to look at him. There were other female students around and his image is ruined but he doesn't even flinch. The girls were giggling as they gawked at him in a mixture of admiration and amusement but Jiyong ignored all of them.

Dara, on the other hand, was already melting in a puddle of shame while hiding her face with her palms. "Can you put that down! I can buy my own napkin!", she muttered. Jiyong nonchalantly gave her the napkin he was holding and walked to a near distance where an array of disposable panties is displayed.

"Do you have a spare panty in your backpack or do you need this?", he picked one and showed it to her. Dara nearly died of heart attack as she leaped towards him and snatched the damn panty away from his hands.

"Oh my God! Seriously, just kill me!", she squeaked and hit his arm while pushing him away from that aisle so as not to further embarrass her. Jiyong glanced back at her, the side of his lips tugging in an amused smile which Dara didn't see as she was busy pushing him from behind and hiding her face from the curious stares of the other students. Right now, there is nothing in the world that she wants to do than to make a mad dash towards the exit and bury Jiyong alive once they get home.

As soon as they bought what she needed and get out of there, Dara dragged Jiyong to the nearest restroom and a new set of problems arise. The men's restroom is locked so they have no choice but to enter the ladies' room. Thankfully, there was no one inside. Dara hurriedly did her business inside the cubicle while Jiyong waits for her outside. Then, she heard the adjacent cubicle opens and that's when things began spiraling down the hill. Surely, the girl on the other cubicle will flip out once she sees Jiyong.

But, she didn't hear anyone scream. In fact, no sound can be heard from outside. Dara carefully opened the door of her cubicle and.... *GASP!

"CL!", she screeched as she was welcomed by the sight of her roommate with her hands on her hips, her eyebrows almost reaching the ceiling. Dara can already envision the extreme pandaemonium that they are about to experience judging from CL's expression.

_____________________________________________________________

SANDARA's POV

We were sitting at the corner of the school cafeteria - CL flaming me with her glare, me sincerely praying for all this to end (with all my limbs still intact), and Jiyong sitting royally at my left side with no care in the world.

"Where have you been? Where the hell are you staying?!", CL's voice is getting pitchier at each question. A very clear sign that she's pissed. I better come up with an answer fast. And that answer should be the one that CL wants to hear.

"She's staying in my place", Jiyong replied dryly. Thank you, Jiyong. I'm in enough trouble already!!! GAAHH!!

I bit my lips and watched as CL's eyes grew wider. It's bad enough that she caught me with Jiyong in a ladies' restroom, now she knew that I'm staying at his place. Oh my gosh, I think my head is about to explode. CL furiously fumbled inside her bag, and I can only hope that she won't pull out a bazooka and blast my skull to smithereens.

To my relief, CL only pulled out her phone and showed it to Jiyong. "This man is her boyfriend, don't you know that?", she exclaimed, showing Jiyong a picture of Joo Won that she took when I first introduced him to her. She even told Joo Won that if anything happens to me, that picture will be the one she's going to circulate to the authorities. That's how intense she is despite her calm exterior.

"We already broke up, CL", I meekly told her.

"What? Why? How? When?!"

There it is. The interrogation extravaganza has started. I sighed heavily before recounting the events that night. I knew after I'm done explaining about Joo Won, her next questions will be about Jiyong and that's what I'm actually dreading. How can I possibly tell her that Jiyong and I can't be apart because we're tied together? What reason will I give her if she asks why I'm staying at his place?

CL leaned back on her seat and crossed her arms. When her eyes zeroed in on Jiyong, I knew we're in deep trouble.

"Should we order some food? I'm hungry", I hurriedly said. Fortunately, she nodded so off we go to the counter.

Being glued with Jiyong 24 hours a day, we already developed our own routine when it comes to eating out, taking a stroll, etc. In other words, we already know each other's flow. So when he sets our tray of food to the table, both of us began moving in autopilot mode. I set down our drinks and prepared the spoon and chopsticks while he placed the plates in front of us and set aside the tray. He then started picking the carrots from his food and put it in my plate while I scoop the kernels of corn from my plate and give it to him. Our actions are almost completely synchronized, even when we put the food in our mouth and chew it.

"Ugh, red bell pepper", I exclaimed and picked it up with my chopsticks. "Eat?", I offered it to Jiyong and he nonchalantly opened his mouth and let me feed it to him.

We didn't notice that all this while, CL was openly gawking at us like we're some mythical beings.

"Are you two...", her voice trailed as she looked at both of us suspiciously, obviously thinking that we're a couple.

"No, we're not. Don't be ridiculous ha ha ha ha", I nervously laughed.

"Why is Dara staying in your place?", she asked Jiyong.

"She can't be away from me", he replied truthfully. Oh crap, doesn't he know how incriminating that sounds?!

"Stop talking", I mumbled, hiding my mouth behind my cup of drink.

"Why can't Dara be away from you?", CL pressed further.

"Because I'll go crazy", he flatly said.

I hit my chest rapidly while coughing after almost choking on the tea that I was drinking. I swear, I felt like my heart stopped.

"Ah ha ha ha. He's joking, CL. Don't listen to him", I told her, then faced Jiyong. "Are you not going to stop talking?", I muttered under my breath. Seriously, the grave he's digging for both of us is getting deeper!

"What? She's asking", he blankly stared at me and I had to shut my eyes in frustration. If I live long enough to reach his place, I am going to pull his hair!

"You mean, you always take Dara wherever you go?", CL asked in astonishment.

"Yup", the cyborg instantly replied.

I buried my face on my palms and groaned. He is going to be the death of me.

"You see, CL, it's not what you think", I started to salvage the situation, but Jiyong cut me off.

"I know you're worried for your friend and I can assure you that she's safe. I just had to take her wherever I go because she's acting as my secretary. I can't pay her much so I also do things for her. My apartment is also my office so she had to stay there since my work as a freelance financial adviser requires a lot for me to survive the competition against big companies"

"Y-Yeah. I also drag him wherever I go since his clients always call and when they do, we immediately have to meet them", I said, supporting the half-truth, half-lie that Jiyong weaved.

"Why did you agree to that kind of set up, Dara?", CL asked. I glanced at Jiyong and found myself smiling, "I'm the only one who can tolerate this guy. And he's the only one who can tolerate me"

Uncomfortable silence followed until we finished eating. I couldn't even tell what is running on CL's mind as we exited the cafeteria. I half-expect her to chase us around the neighborhood with an axe in hand for lying on her face. Afterall, she's a walking lie-detector machine plus a warrior virus is coursing through her bloodstream so that axe-chasing scenario might not be far from truth.

But to my surprise, CL blocked Jiyong's path and started talking rapidly. "Uhm..Dara may be a klutz and she oftentimes does not believe on her own strengths but please don't lose your belief on her. She's someone you can trust to be beside you despite your shortcomings and will exert extra effort to help you. She says a lot of random things and may act silly but that's just her natural cheerful self so don't be creeped out. Please take care of my friend and be patient with her", she then gave Jiyong a bow.

She said she's my friend. I didn't know CL considered me as one since I felt like I'm just a burden to her. When she turned and faced me, I bit my lips to stop another melodramatic attack because I know she doesn't like being all mushy.

"The drama you were dilligently following has a crappy ending", CL said. She then stepped forward and hesitantly raised her arm in what I think is an attempt to embrace me. "Uhmmm...Don't be sad, okay?", she hastily gave me a brief hug, spun around and ran away.

"I told you, your friend is really worried", Jiyong noted.

_____________________________________________________________

"Miu miu miu miu miu..."

"What is that sound you're doing?", Jiyong asked in irritation.

"Just random sound. Miu miu miu miu miu...", Dara continued while watching her steps as they walk towards the parking lot.

Jiyong shook his head in resignation and just let her be. There is no stopping her crazy lapses once it kicks in. When he saw the pole just in front of Dara and saw that she is still watching her feet, he tugged her backpack and pulled her sideways to prevent her from hitting the pole. "Watch where you're going, will you?"

"Eh. I don't have to. I know you're watching the way for us"

"Next time, I'll let you hit the pole", he said.

Dara lifted her gaze and pouted, giving him a pitiful look, "Miu miu miu miu miuuuuu ~ ~"

"I don't care if people will laugh at you", Jiyong replied, pretending to understand the random words that Dara is spouting. Dara giggled and continued playing along, as if they're having a normal conversation.

"Miu miu? Miu miu miu?", she said in a questioning tone.

"I'm not sure. I'm still waiting for a call from a client. Maybe we can stay somewhere while waiting", he answered.

"MIU! Miu miu miu miu miu!!", she excitedly exclaimed.

"No", he simply said.

"MIU???!!!!!!", she protested.

"You've been eating too much sweets lately so...no to ice cream"

She sighed and slumped her shoulders, "Miu miu.. Miu miu miu miu miu."

Jiyong shook his head in amusement while stealing a glance at Dara. Her perkiness is indeed entertaining. It is such a pleasant diversion to the insane predicament that they're currently facing. What he's most curious of, however, is to see the other side of her. He knew that beneath her bubbly personality lies a tough woman who has surmounted a lot of challenges during her youth, judging from how she told her story about her childhood. The problem is, just like what CL noticed, Dara does not believe on her own strengths. She was even doubtful that a cool girl like CL will consider her as a friend.

Dara was playing with the straps of her strawberry backpack when a phone started ringing. She hurriedly opened her backpack, pulled out Jiyong's phone and handed it to him. While Jiyong was taking the call, Dara was watching his every movement. A smile tugged at her lips as she remembered their crazy 'miu-miu' conversation earlier. Despite his coldness, Jiyong is actually a warm person. She is beginning to wonder what made him become stoic and uninterested towards other people. As days pass by, she is beginning to see the goofy side of him despite his impassive expression. Dara sighed and looked ahead, staring at nothing in particular. She is indeed looking forward to the day that Jiyong will finally loosen up and show the fun side of him.

"What's with that creepy smile?", Jiyong poked her cheek, frowning at her.

"Nothing", Dara replied. "What's that call? Do you have a client to meet today?"

"Yeah. We have an appointment with Mr. Kang at his office later"

"We?", she raised her eyebrows at him.

"Of course. Because of this damn cord, we're a package deal", Jiyong raised his right arm showing her the red string.

"Oh, I see", she nodded.

"I told him I'm bringing my secretary. I think that's a good cover story so it won't seem weird that you're tagging along with my client meetings"

"Okay", Dara tilted her head and looked at him as they resumed walking.

"So, what's the problem? You don't like Mr. Kang, do you?", she said.

"What do you mean?"

"You always have that kind of frown whenever you're meeting with a client that you don't particularly like", she noted and tried to furrow her eyebrows to show Jiyong his current expression.

"He's rather a difficult client. He's stubborn and would always question the data forecast that I prepare", he admitted.

"Really? Hmmmmm... Before we meet him later, let's stop by Myeongdong. We need to buy a congratulatory gift for his son"

"Huh?"

"The last time you met him, he told you that his son is entering a swimming competition overseas. I checked the net and his son won. And Mr. Kang is a nice client. You're the one who's not paying attention whenever he boasts about his son that's why he's giving you a hard time", Dara said.

Jiyong cocked his eyebrows in surprise. It is only now that he realized that she's quite observant and insightful.

Silence enveloped the two as they continued walking while Hadana Bom and Jursa Seunghyun kept watching them from a near distance.

"HADANA POWER!", Bom squealed with delight as she ran in full circles around Seunghyun, who just rolled his eyes while crossing his arms over his chest. Just a little while ago, Bom was like a deflated balloon - all sad and lonely. Now, she's the queen of the world again. He can almost swear there is a switch somewhere that turns Bom's energy up and down because her mood swings is just abnormal.

"Let me just remind you that I haven't given any misfortunes yet for the past days just to give you an ounce of leeway since you don't have an ethereal orb", he said.

"Can't you see their bond is stronger now? Whatever misfortunes you bring them, it will not affect the destined couple", Bom smugly said as she stopped running and stood beside him.

Seunghyun immediately formed a black sphere of ethereal power on his hand and threw it at the couple before Bom could react.

"GAAAAAHHHHH!! WHAT IS IT THIS TIME? WHAT KIND OF MISFORTUNE DID YOU GIVE THEM?!", she screamed directly on his ears. Seunghyun squinted his eyes in annoyance and tilted his head away from the screaming Bom.

"TELL ME WHAT KIND OF MISFORTUNE YOU GAVE THEM SO I COULD COUNTER IT!", she yelled loudly.

"Secret", Seunghyun smirked, making Bom erupt.

"You evil Jursa", she hissed and snappily turned her head so that her hair will hit Seunghyun's face. And it did, making him fume in anger.

"Ouch! Remember I still have my ethereal orb so I could easily turn you into a bald Hadana", he threatened.

Bom gasped in shock and stared at him with disbelief while backing away, "You wouldn't dare!"

Seunghyun formed an ethereal orb on his hand and marveled the look of horror on her face. He then started striding towards her and began chasing Bom as she ran away while shrieking in fright.

The destined couple remained oblivious of the two rowdy deities who ran past them as Seunghyun kept chasing Bom while laughing wickedly.

"You're going to graduate soon, aren't you? What do you plan to do as your graduation is nearing?", Jiyong asked as he pulled her backpack once again to prevent her from clashing into a pole since Dara is still walking with her head down, watching her steps.

"Hmmmm...To help you?"

"To help me? Why? Do I look like someone who needs help?"

"Wahahahaha, is that a joke? How corny!", she lifted her gaze and pointed at him playfully.

"I'm serious"

"Yeah, I know you are. Jeez, when did you ever joke", Dara said as she started walking backwards, facing Jiyong.

"So? Why is helping me your plan?"

"Hmmm...Because that's the only thing I can do right now. To be beside you", she then turned around and began hopping on the cracks in the pavement while Jiyong watched her back.

"Ugh! I'm tired", she complained and walked beside Jiyong.

"You've been exclaiming random words like a lunatic and hopping on the pavement, of course you'll get tired", he said.

"Miu miu miu miu miu...", Dara chirped while smiling.

"Stop it. That sound is frying my brain already"

Dara happily clung to Jiyong's arm, which he immediately slap away. "Can you stop clinging to me?", he irritatedly said and took a step away from her.

"But I'm a clingy strawberry! CLING!", she leaped towards him and clung to his arm again.

"Tsch! Seriously...", he wiggled free and stepped away, but Dara is persistent.

"CLING!", she exclaimed. This time, Jiyong just sighed and let her cling to his arm.

"Clingy strawberry!", she squealed while raising her other arm as they walked, with Dara merrily clinging to Jiyong's arm.

"You're not clingy strawberry. You're creepy strawberry", he noted.

Dara just stuck her tongue out, causing him to roll his eyes in exasperation. When her phone beeps, Dara fished it out of her backpack and read the message sent by her classmate Minji. Her eyebrows furrowed as she pondered for a moment.

"This is going to be difficult", she muttered to herself.

"What's up?", Jiyong asked curiously.

"My classmate informed me that the list of people whom we are tasked to interview are already posted on the university website. The person assigned to me is an elusive business tycoon who never grants any interview even from the media", Dara slumped her shoulders and sighed heavily.

"What's his name?"

"Lee Soo Man", Dara replied. Jiyong bolted his head towards her in surprise, his eyebrows deeply furrowed. His expression suddenly turned grim as he shoved his hands in his pockets and faced her.

"Just do the school project because you won't be able to interview him", he said with finality.

"Don't be silly. I'll do everything that I can even if I have to conduct an ambush interview", she declared.

"You won't be able to do that"

"Oh, don't worry. I'll find ways to-"

"I won't let you", Jiyong's icy tone unnerved her.

"Y-You can't be serious, right?", she stuttered, locking her gaze with him.

"I am"

_____________________________________________________________

The lunar matchmaker god Yang Goon ran his fingers over Jiyong and Dara's name on the 'Red String Registry'. Unknown to other deities, the old book also records his memory during the time he knotted the red string to the destined couple. He closed his eyes and tried to see the time he tied Jiyong and Dara's red string...but all he saw was black.

He opened his eyes again, completely astounded. Did the 'Red String Registry' malfunctioned? Or is there something wrong with the red string?