Chapter 1

In all my life there was one thing that I always reminded myself. Never take things for granted. It was my motto at this point and something that I truly believed in. Life was always throwing curve balls, sometimes they were good things where as most times they were not. Like in my case.

You see, my life isn't the best. Never was and I don't think it ever will be. I've had many hardships to deal with in my 17 years of life but the hardest one was the day that completely changed my life for the worse. It was that dreadful day that kept replaying in my mind as I was driving to my new home.

Flashback

Today had to be one of the more decent ones I've had in awhile. I sat by the lake leaned up against a pine with my sketchbook resting in my lap. Hands were covered in lead as my pencil danced across the page.

This was where I always went to get away from the world for awhile. A place to clear my head from my troubles. It's not easy being born with the gift that I had. I was able to see things on the other side, so much tragedy being forced upon me everyday. Ghosts often seek me out because they want someone to talk too and ask for my help in crossing them over. So much stress on my shoulders.

However my twin brother was always there to help me since I get made fun of alot and I'm not the most social person on the planet. Landon always saw the best in me and has been my only family for awhile. We grew up in a single parent home until we were 15, that's when mom died. Since she was rich, we got an inheritance and were able to continue living in our house.

Right now there was a smile on my face as I looked at my finished drawing. I'd been waiting for Landon to come pick me up, we'd always eat dinner together.

"Sam I'm so sorry," a voice says and I looked up seeing my brother only it wasn't really him. His body was transparent, ghostly tears running down his face. He was so disappointed.

"No!" I exclaimed not wanting to believe it. Tears escaping my eyes as I stood up walking towards him.

"It was a drunk driver, I was coming to get you. Please know that Id never leave you on purpose," he says placing a ghostly hand on my face, as if to wipe the tears away.

"Where am I going to go? You're the only family I had," I cried as my body began shaking.

"There is still one person who'd be happy to have you. Sammie you can go live with Ray, he'd be happy to see his god daughter again and so would Rose," he says before fading away into oblivion.

That was the day I lost everything.....

End of flashback

I waited a few days before driving to my godfather's house. I wanted to bury Landon, put him at rest before anything else. I didn't really want to leave my childhood home but I didn't have anywhere else to go.

I drove into the driveway of the house that I hadn't been to since mom died, although we did keep in touch with Ray from time to time. After parking my car, I rested my head on the steering wheel for a few seconds trying to regain my composure.

When I felt better, I made my way up to the door and rang the bell. Slightly nervous for the talk that was about to go down. After a few seconds the door opened revealing the man who was my mother's dearest friend.

"Samarah! What's happened?" He asks upon seeing me standing there with my stuff and a drained look on my face as tears began spilling down my face again.

"It's Landon, he's gone. Is it alright if I stayed with you? Please I've got nowhere else to go," I say and he pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back.

"Yeah sweetheart you can stay as long as you want. Our home is always your home," he says before pulling away and grabbing my bag leading me inside.

"So where's Rose?" I asked only to regret it after seeing the look on his face.

"She passed almost a year ago. What Landon didn't tell you?" He says and I shook my head. I can't imagine how Julie must be feeling.

"How's Julie doing then? She was very close to her mom. How's her music going?" I asked sitting down in the livingroom.

He was quiet for a few minutes before finally speaking up "Honestly she hasn't played music in a year and it's really making me worried. Not to mention we are about to sell the house because it's upsetting Julie," I could tell from the look on his face that he really didn't want to move, and I can assume that neither did Carlos.

"Anyway you can sleep in the loft in the studio for now. It's cramped up there but I was going to ask Julie to clean it out tonight. I'd love to stay and catch up but I gotta get to work but tomorrow we'll enroll you into Julie's school," he says before handing me a 20 saying to order a pizza. He kissed my forehead before leaving.

Now that I was alone it was a good time to set up my stuff so I made my way into Rose's studio. It was just how I remembered it. Only now there was a cover on the beautiful grand piano meaning it hasn't been played in ages.

I've had plenty of great memories in this place listening to Rose play while Julie sang her little heart out while Carlos tried to sing but couldn't since his front teeth were missing.

With a sad smile I went to work on the loft moving some things aside so I could pull out the bed in the couch up there. Once that was done, I placed my bed set on it along with some pillows I brought with me and the teddy that Landon won for me at the fair a few years ago. Now the last thing I had left of him.

Sitting down on the bed I pulled out my sketchbook and began scanning through it. Smiling at all the memories that they held. I stopped on a picture of Landon that I did about a year ago, with a small smile I looked up towards the sky.

"You'll be with me wherever I go,"............

Hey welcome to my new story. This is going to follow the show but I'm not going to use all the dialogue, most of it will be my own but there are some lines that will still be used. Anyway I hope you like it and thanks for reading.

Bailey