Chapter 22

"Little Lady? You with us?" I lift my gaze from my phone screen to look at Digger, his brow arched as a knowing smile rests on his lips.

"Sorry Honey, I'm still stuck in work mode; what is it you needed?" He chuckles and offers me a beer making me grin at him as he picks up my legs and sits on the couch next to me. Snake and Sarah invited us to their house rather than the clubhouse for dinner.

"I asked if you had a good day today; you're quiet tonight." I want to snort at that. He's the second person to call me quiet today. I guess people notice when the loudmouth is silent.

"Yeah, just had a long day is all. Was yours good?" Digger rests his hand on my leg rubbing my knee cap.

"Same old, same old." He shakes his head, the shine in his eye decreases ever so slightly, I wonder if he's getting tired of what he's been doing.

"You are such an old man Dig, I swear granny could push out cars faster than you could. I don't know what you've been up to while I was gone, clearly it wasn't good." Snake grins and shakes his head sitting on the couch he pulls Sarah onto his lap with a wide grin.

"Piss off Snake, I had to haul ass to make up two work loads. I want to go slow and give you a taste of your own medicine." I chuckle and rest my hand on his, tracing his scarred knuckles. Closing my eyes I rest my head on his shoulder, we've still got to wait for Axel and Angel to show up for food.

"You're not used to turning wrenches on the regular; you've got that cushy chair to rest your delicate ass." Digger chuckles and wraps his arm around me with a grin.

"Don't you know it's hard work to sit on my ass and listen to assholes complain?" I chuckle and shake my head; that would be hard work, nothing I could handle.

"You just don't like to solve issues."

"You aren't paying me like a therapist, so what did you expect?" Everyone chuckles and I shake my head at their banter.

"Angel and Axel are on their way." Sarah interrupts their banter as she looks at Snake with a warm smile. I'm not looking forward to dealing with Axel. Digger's grip on my knee tightens and I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What's wrong honey?" Digger shakes his head with a sigh as he leans back into the couch.

"I'm tired of Axel's attitude." Snake looks away from his wife, glancing between us.

"Do you know why he's so pissy with you Dakota? I've never seen him this mad, not in a long time." I don't have the time to be dealing with some man's childish misconception.

"As far as I know I hurt his ego when I fought him back in highschool." I'm starting to think it has more to do with his problem I had to handle. I stare at the coffee table thinking back to that night. It's better he thinks the fool ran away; I don't know why he doubts that I didn't handle it correctly. That night, I told him, I handled his issue and it wasn't going to be an issue again.

"Axel isn't one to hold a grudge like that; how does he know how to ride?" Snake asks as he tilts his head to the side.

"I taught him back when we were in school, he wanted to know how." It was the only way to get out to the cabin, I had to teach him how to ride so I didn't have to go rescue his ass.

"Why the hell would he want to?" I shrug and take a pull of beer.

"I don't know, to impress a girl I reckon. I wasn't babysitting his ass back then; I had my own issues to deal with." What is with people thinking that I enjoy taking notes of everyone elses life?