Chapter 27

Alexis POV

As I walked down the hallway along with Sammy, I couldn't help but think about yesterday. I felt anxious because I knew I should apologize for my disappearance. They paid for my dinner and I discarded it without a second thought - I felt awful.

"You okay?" Sam questioned with a slight worry in his dark hazel eyes.

I winced at the pain caused by an unintentional pulling on my cuticle skin. I couldn't hide the fact that ever since I've woken up, I was swarming myself with different scenarios of how to apologize to Vanessa and Ann. I sure loved to overthink stuff, what great quality. Can't I for once give a fuck about something?

"Yeah..." I sighed, looking up from the floor.

My stomach tightening as I spotted Vanessa next to her office door, trying to take some papers from another teacher while holding her coffee cup.

"Um, I g-g-got to talk to Ms. Jones, about t-the the last project. Catch y-you later?"

"Sure, I will go get Daisy, I bet she's already trying to beat someone up," he joked before turning around.

That was actually a very likely scenario, but I decided to focus on my own issues. Daisy was a wild card and unless someone picked it, there was nothing to worry about. She kept herself closed off from the others.

I ran up to Van- Ms. Jones, let's keep it professional at school, I wouldn't want her name to slip out by any chance.

"Oh, Miss Anderson, you sure like running," she remarked with a smirk as I took the papers from the other teacher, who thanked me for helping.

Once he walked away, I gave her 'really?' look, to which she just shrugged and went inside of her office, her heels hitting the floor with a sound that gave me goosebumps. Somehow, I already knew she wasn't going to make this apology easy.

"So, what's my little Forrest Gump trying to achieve, by this charming gesture," she waved the papers sarcastically as she sat down onto her leather chair.

I groaned loudly, closing the door behind me - she was enjoying herself way too much.

"I w-w-wanted t-to apologize..." I mumbled awkwardly, feeling an extreme lack of confidence.

"You don't have to apologize Miss Anderson." Ouch. "I believe I crossed the line that shouldn't have been crossed after all... In the end, making you feel uncomfortable," she spoke so calmly it pained me.

"That's... Not t-the reason," I admonished.

"Is it not?" she wondered with a raised brow.

I took a few steps forward, her long leg crossing itself onto another as she watched me coming closer - I stopped right in front of her.  

"No," I assured.

It was odd-looking down at her, however, in no way did it make me feel in control. I had none of that.

"What's the reason then?" her voice changed, she wasn't playing anymore, she wanted to know the truth.

"Rule number two," I spoke up. "N-no kissing... If I s-stayed I w-w-would do it," my voice was wobbly and unsure, I definitely didn't have enough confidence for this conversation.

She frowned at my words, surely not expecting to hear that. "I don't remember ever making such a rule," she remarked - fascination dilating her pitch-black pupils.

I puffed my cheeks, why did she have to make it so difficult?!

"That's... my rule..." I grumbled under my nose.