Chapter 10

Alexis POV

I slowly made my way up towards her desk, expecting to be asked to help with grading papers, however, Ms. Jones began to pack away her belongings. I glanced at her with furrowed eyebrows, unsure of what to do, but then I saw her hands – She was shaking.

I raised my brow, and peeked at her face, she was clearly flustered, I never seen her like this. She looked vulnerable, and my protectiveness was on high alert. I didn't want this confident woman to look so fragile, it didn't suit her.

I took a few steps closer. Seeing she wasn't acknowledging my presence I decided to do what I always did in order to receive it. I raised my hand towards hers and grabbed onto the cuff of her shirt, gently pulling it down.

She stopped whatever she was doing and looked at my hand with widened eyes.

"I- Sorry..." she muttered and looked into my eyes, with those grey orbs that placed a spell on my heart.

Her free hand carefully raised up to my cheek, slowly, as if she feared to scare me away. Her slender cold fingers caused me to quiver under her touch, and lips parted away. I was shocked by her sudden action. She has never touched my skin before.

"Why won't you speak..." her voice cracked.

I clenched my jaw, bothered by her words. Why won't I? Nothing was stopping me, yet no words came out whenever I tried. With defeat written on my face, I dropped my head and shook it slightly.

"God, I'm so sorry Alexis, I don't know what came into me," she moved away so quickly I haven't even realized that her fingers left my cheek. Maybe because it was still burning, from her touch.

"Did I make you uncomfortable?" She asked looking disgusted by herself.

I took a deep breath and with determination in my eyes, I decided to reach for her hand. It was so incredibly soft and smooth, but also a bit cold. I curved my lips upwards hoping it will be enough for her to understand I didn't mind her physical contact. Little did she know I actually craved it, after experiencing it for the first time.

She sighed softly, "Okay, how about you help me with something else than grading papers."

I crooked my head to the side and squinted my eyes.

A tiny chuckle escaped her lips and I swear she whispered 'cute' under her breath.

"I've received my own office room on Friday, still got a lot to unpack, maybe you could help me out?" She asked excitedly, honestly, it was my detention she didn't even have to ask.

I moved my head up and down, agreeing to her request. Didn't feel like grading the papers anyway.

She grabbed her things from the desk. "Follow me," was all she said before taking off.

As we walked towards her new office, I was still processing our first intimate contact. The way she trailed my bruises... She must have been shaken up from hearing about me and Jack. Knowing that one of her students had to go through such a thing, it definitely wasn't something that you were ready to be faced with as a teacher.

I felt bad, I didn't want her to worry. I was fine, I had to be. This was nothing compared to my past, and I decided she should never find out about that. I never wanted to see her so confused and vulnerable again. In my eyes she was strong and independent, and whether it was just an illusion I wanted to believe it, even if just for a bit longer.

Her office was placed on the first floor, next to the other teachers, it was a nice room with a big window, facing a sunset. Beautiful orangey colors were brightening up the room, it was lovely.