Chapter 2

Alexis POV

Once we gave our letters to the secretary at the front desk she showed us to a headmaster's office. That's where for the first time we met Mr. Clark, a man in his mid-fifties with a visible beer belly and a deep voice. We were emailing him for the past couple of weeks, providing all the necessary information and forms - It was nice to finally put a face to the name.

He was incredibly chatty and friendly, but it didn't change the fact that I would stutter like mad if I tried to talk to him. Daisy on the other hand was very sceptical of his actions and didn't exactly trust his words. I think we made a good choice by making Sam do most of the talking.

After a short walk through the school grounds, we saw all the important spots such as the library, nurse office and cafeteria. Mr. Clark encouraged us to do some exploring on our own after the classes, he said that it would be the most ideal, as he was in a bit of a rush.

We returned to his office, where he handed us our schedules.

"We placed you in the same classes, except at your own request Sam and Alexis will take advanced English, while Daisy will be taking advanced science. Is that correct?"

"Yes, sir," Sam confirmed.

"Splendid, just to make sure, Miss Yang will you be okay without your friends?" Headmaster turned towards Daisy.

My friend looked taken aback, she hated when people questioned her decisions. "What does that suppose to mean?" she scoffed with narrowed eyebrows, shooting daggers towards the poor man.

I clenched my jaw and whispered into her ear, "H-he's worried, d-d-doesn't m-mean wrong." I explained, knowing she didn't pick up on his sincerity.

Her face relaxed and lips formed an 'o', clearing up her throat afterwards. "Yes, I will be fine. It's just a two-hour class," she muttered, with a bit of embarrassment.

Daisy might be the most confident and strong person I've ever met, but even she had her insecurities, in which case was her inability to understand situations, which often resulted in random anger outbursts. 

However, the headmaster smiled, not too bothered by her behaviour, and nodded in understanding. I must say he was a very nice man. He seemed to try very hard to make sure that we felt comfortable and welcomed.

"Now, that we have everything sorted," he put our papers away. "Teachers have been informed about all the individual needs and requests you provided over the email. However, there's only so much I can control in this school, that's why if you ever find yourself to be faced with any kind of bullying, please do not hesitate to find me," he added with a soft smile.

Not wanting to be rude, but the man reminded me of an old raggedy teddy bear. His beer belly, round face with soft features and messy hair.

I think I will learn to enjoy his presence, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

"Thank you so much for this opportunity Mr. Clark, we will do our best to not cause any trouble." Sam thanked him on our behalf. We were truly grateful.

A deep short laugh escaped his lips, "Please, do not thank me, after hearing about how badly all of you wanted to be a part of a school, I couldn't help but reach out to your supervisors. I would be a failure as a headmaster if I refused this opportunity to students who are so eager to learn." He chuckled and showed us outside of his office. "Now, go, the first period starts soon."

We said our goodbyes and left the office.

"Well, that went..." Daisy started.

"Well," I finished the sentence for her.