II - Chapter 19

Vanessa POV

Once Amira was soundly asleep, I headed towards my bedroom, hesitant before quietly walking inside. My heart bled at the sight of my princess who hasn't moved an inch since I left her this morning. She was entirely covered by a duvet, stuck in a fetal position.

"Rohi, sweetheart?" I spoke calmly, using the sweetest and most caring voice I could muster.

As I've received no response, I had to repress my own tears. Deciding to get ready for bed I took a hasty shower, and walked out of my bathroom, not ready to have her rush into me like a koala. She grabbed the sides of my oversized sleeping shirt and cried into my chest.

She was overwhelmed and broken. Honestly, I lost two of my best friends, and while such things should have never been compared - Fuck... Her loss was on a whole another level.

I didn't know what to do, it's been three months since the graduation, and while she somewhat held herself together, it all shattered after the funeral. That day I took her home with me... she hasn't left since hardly ever leaving the bed.

"Have you eaten...?" I asked while fixing her hair into a less messy ponytail. However, she didn't respond, continuing to cry. Her pale, trembling features feeding my concern. "What am I even saying, of course, you haven't," I muttered out loud and guided her into the kitchen. At first, she froze not wanting to leave the bedroom, but the second I crossed into the hallway she followed, squeezing onto my hand.

I knew that my Alexis wasn't present, pain shielded by emptiness was the only thing I saw in her green eyes. For the first time since I knew her without the beautiful brightness in them.

Situating her on the sofa, Felix quickly walked up to her, but unfortunately got ignored. It was scary, I didn't know what to do.

Knowing well I wasn't going to get any reaction I spoke up for my own sanity. "I will make you your oatmeal, okay?"

Food was another issue, she often threw up whenever I fed her anything too substantial, so we've been going with oatmeal's, soups, and sometimes plain rice with some steamed veggies. Nonetheless, most of the time she didn't even finish the small portions I've prepared for her.

My concern was growing. I needed to seek out advice from someone who knew what to do, because I was afraid of causing more damage than good, by not knowing how to respond to her certain behaviors.

On top of the things, Amira was my priority, and explaining to her that Alexis was needing some time alone for this long was begging to get difficult because she saw and heard her cry.

Ann offered to take Alexis in, she had a spare room in her apartment, and while it could have been a good solution, I just didn't have the heart to do that.

She needed me, she clung onto me on every occasion she had, sending her off to Ann's could only make things worse. So, I decided to hold on to her offer until this situation begins to negatively affect Amira.

Not my proudest moment as a mother, but choosing between those two was something I never wanted to do.

After kneeling in front of my princess I scooped out some oatmeal before carefully trying to feed her. "Will you eat for me?" I asked beggingly, she wasn't even looking at me, her eyes were so absent it was terrifying. "Please honey, just a little bit," I asked again when her lips haven't parted.

Not giving up I placed the mug on the table and took a seat on the sofa, motioning for her to come over. Within seconds she was on my lap cuddled into me, afraid of letting go.

"I need you to eat Rohi, otherwise your queen is going to worry," I attempted for a second time.

Without receiving any answer, I held the spoon closely to her lips, feeling my heart erupt with happiness when she finally took it. "Good girl," I praised and with focus continued on my task.