II - Chapter 16

Alexis POV

"Hot," Daisy yelped the second her foot stood on the sand, meanwhile Isabel rushed into the water.

Looking to the side Mason was hiding underneath an umbrella, like a God damn vampire. Not enough he hardly left the house he also avoided the sun like a plague.

This year's May has turned out to be one of the warmest, gifting us with unbearable heatwaves, but also an opportunity to chill at the beach and swim in the sea much sooner.

"Lexi, come on!" Sam yelled from the shore, Daisy sneaking up onto Isabel in the distance.

"Joining in?" I asked already knowing the answer. Mason gave me a judging look from underneath his sunglasses and went back to listening to his music.

Oh well, I tried. Shrugging it off I got up from the towel and went to join the rest. My foot carefully touching the water, I flinched from the unexpected coldness.

Biting my bottom lip I moved further forward, sinking underneath it, trying to get used to the temperature. However, as I chattered with my teeth, I swore out loud, "Fuck it's c-c-cold!"

Feeling Sammy's hands around my waist he grabbed me so tightly, that I couldn't escape Daisy's splashing attack. "Assholes!" I yelled, hearing their giggles.

"Sorry Lexi," he wasn't sorry, his cheeky smile said otherwise.

We stayed in the water for a couple more minutes, it still wasn't warm enough for a longer session, and so we goofed around like literal children, enjoying each second of freedom we felt while being in the sea.

"Welcome back," Mason chuckled. "You look like a wet dog," he snickered, teasing Sam and his wet hair.

"Hmph," the blonde scoffed and ran his hand through it, caressing it to the back. "I'm sexy, bitch."

Mason cracked a smile.

"Well, you do look pretty good like this, should think of a new haircut," Isabel added while closely observing Sam. "It suits you."

Daisy's groan made her smirk. "Don't worry you are the hottest," she whispered to her 'girlfriend' or whatever they were.

Today was fun, enjoying the quality time with my friends while finally acting our age and enjoying the free time. Once the sun began to set, we started a small fire to keep us warm from the chilly evening breeze.

Mason and I were cuddled up together under his jacket, Sam took a charge of the s'mores, meanwhile, Daisy was in her own world with Isabel on her laps – It was cute.

"So, did you guys hear anything back?" Mason asked about a very touchy subject – University.

Yes, I told them about Vanessa's offer, it was only fair to share it with them, and as I predicted Mason swore to never speak to us again if we didn't at least apply and see if we could get the scholarships.

I mean there was nothing wrong to try, however, a couple of days ago Vanessa has told me that we all got accepted. After sharing the news with Daisy and Sam, we didn't know what to do. It's not like we could actually take it.

"Not yet... Should be soon," Sam lied, avoiding eye contact while focusing on the marshmallows.

Mason hummed and looked at Daisy. "Well, school ends next month... I really hope you guys can get it," he continued not dropping the subject.

Daisy gulped and gave him a fake smile - She couldn't really lie so it was better that she stayed shut.

"Yeah, d-d-don't worry about it. It d-doesn't matter," I felt terrible for not being honest.