Chapter 17

Alexis POV

"Make sure to look into the pages from the latest chapter, we are going to go through them tomorrow before the test on Monday. You are free to go," Ms. Jones, announced at the end of the class.

"I'm going to drive Daisy to the institute, we wanted to spend some time with Mason, he hasn't been too well..." Sam informed me while throwing his backpack onto his back. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive you to work?"

"I'm fine, make s-sure Mason feels better, we can w-w-watch a movie later," I assured him with a smile.

Sammy hesitated for a bit longer before agreeing to leaving me behind and going to meet up with Daisy. Vanessa was already standing by the classroom door, waiting for me to finish packing.

"Take your time, Miss Anderson," she told me, seeing I was trying to hurry up. "Are you going straight to the library?" she asked once I finished and walked up towards her.

"Y-yeah," I nodded, and looked at her with a tiny blush. So, help me God, I could not control myself around her.

"Let me give you a ride?" she proposed with a serious, but hopeful expression. "I cannot stay for too long, but I want to make sure you are going to feel comfortable around Ann," she explained.

Well, if you looked at it that way, then it made sense. It surely wasn't odd for her to give me a ride. Was it?

Let's be honest here, even if it was, how could I possibly refuse an offer, when a woman who always kept an unreadable expression, was looking at you as if you were the most precious thing in the entire world.

I wasn't blind, and my intuition, as well as the ability to read people, was usually on point. I knew there was something going on between us, but frankly, I didn't know the extent to which I could act on it. However, if she was going to keep looking at me this way, I honestly didn't know how much longer I could go without letting it go unnoticed.

Maybe I was starved of love and attention, sue me.

"So... if you don't want, of course, there's no pressure, I-"

As serious as Vanessa appeared to be, she could also act extremely adorable, especially with the rambling, whenever she was losing her confidence.

I made her stop by grabbing the cuff of her shirt and pulling it towards me, guiding her to follow. Once in complete silence we reached her car, I cheekily stole the car keys from her hand and opened the car door for her.

She was a bit shocked by my behavior but shook her head in disbelief, but allowed it to slide. "You're lucky I like you, Miss Anderson, this action wouldn't go unsaid, if it were to be someone else," she admitted while standing right in front of me – God, she was tall in her heels.

"Does it mean you've g-got a we-weak spot for me, Miss?" I remarked with confidence, that must have come from the hidden side of my brain because I never had it.

Vanessa searched my eyes, perhaps for the hesitation or regret, but I knew she wasn't going to find that. There was none.

She leaned so closely to my ear, I could feel her lips tickling it slightly. "Don't push it Rohi," she growled huskily.

My knees went numb and if not for the car door I would most likely trip onto the ground.

Meantime Vanessa went inside, as if nothing happened, giving me a 'are you coming' glare. I closed her door still feeling the shivers from her breath and beautiful low voice while walking to the other side of the vehicle. Maybe I was weird, but I loved it when she acted with such confidence.