Chapter 48: The Blowfish and Pufferfish Debate

My mom somehow managed to push me out the door. Jason, Frank, and Nico had already resigned themselves to the torture. I had no idea how they were so accepting of this. Leo was on my side, even though we were already all dressed up. Jason ended up throwing Leo over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, promising Mom she could fix up his clothes when they got to school. Once I saw the lengths they would go to, I followed along.

We piled into the two cars, Jason's and Mom's. Jason with Leo, and Frank. Mom, Nico, and I. It was a short ten minutes. Mom managed to remember the corsages, and I had a blue one in my lap. When we pulled up to the school parking lot, I felt the antsiness hit me like a truck.

I was dragged out of the Jeep by mom, who fussed over my clips in my hair and made sure my jacket was unwrinkled. Then kissing my forehead, she went over to Leo and readjusted his hairband and suit. I saw Nico fidget uneasily in the corner of my eye, and Jason and Frank get out of the car and pull on their clothes, making sure everything was in place.

"Alright boys, have fun and make sure to get some photos for me," mom said, her voice excited. I smiled uneasily at her and headed off to the entrance of the school.

We were supposed to meet the girls at the parking lot entrance, so we hung out. After around five minutes of Leo pacing, Will's car pulled in. It parked nearby, and I saw Nico stiffen as he walked around the side of his truck.

Will's suit mirrored Nico's. Nico was wearing a pitch-black suit with a white button-up. Whereas Will wore a white suit with a black undershirt. They both had matching yellow ties.

Will grinned at Nico's flustered face and pecked him on the lips, shaking him out of his daze. "Like what you see?" he teased. Nico scowled at him, and Will just laughed. Will looped his arm through Nico's and waved at us while pulling him to the entrance to the school.

I smiled as I watched them go; they were a perfect match, in my opinion. Will manages to pull Nico out of his brooding phases, and Nico keeps Will down to earth. At least that's what I've seen from the few times we've gotten together to hang out.

I was shaken from my thoughts when Annabeth and Rachel's cars pulled into the parking lot. I felt my nerves act up, and I felt the urge to sprint away. I still had time, time to back out, and not look back. But I steeled myself, no, this is for Annabeth, it'll be fine.

The sound of slamming doors made all four of us jump. I heard Jason breathe in sharply as Piper was the first to walk out towards us. Almost like a fashion show, she showed off her bright pink dress. The two-piece dress had a long silky bottom that hugged her hips and thighs as it started flowing near her knees. The top was covered in intricate lace that ran 3 quarters the way down her arms. She wore short light pink heels that you could barely see as she walked. Her hair was down with only two small braids pulled behind her head to look like a crown. Her makeup was minimal with pink eyeshadow and winged eyeliner. Her cheeks were dusted a bit with blush, and her lips were glossed over with tan lipstick.

She smiled at us and winked. Then walking straight to Jason, who wasn't breathing, she spoke, "Going to stand there gawking all night, or are we going to go dance?" I saw even in the fading light, Jason's face turned bright red as Piper giggled at him. He handed her the corsage, and they walked arm in arm to the school.

As if waiting for Piper to walk off stage, Hazel came out. Frank looked composed, but from the small blush on his cheeks and how stiff he looked, I knew he was freaking out. Her dress ended at the tops of her knees and was a tannish gold color. The dress was covered in delicate lace spanning over both the flowy bottom, tight top, and long sleeves. Her hair was in the normal curly state as she walked in her simple white sandals towards her boyfriend. The only makeup she had on was the gold eyeshadow on her eyes and matte lipstick, matching her lips' original color.