49

-

-

Taehyung tightened his hand, not wanting cold, shivering Yoongi to feel any less warm than he should be. It was cold and they had ordered coffee and hot chocolate, but Yoongi was clearly still freezing and so was Taehyung, so he just held onto the smaller in defeat as Yoongi snuggled into his shoulder. The rain was starting to come in heavier and they knew that it wasn't going away anytime soon. Neither of them brought an umbrella.

  "Storms are supposed to be coming." Yoongi announced as he stared at the weather app on his phone. All Taehyung could do was nod and pull their hands into his hoodie pocket. Yoongi didn't seem to mind because it was so cold, but he raised up from Taehyung's shoulder and looked at him as if to ask well, what the hell are we gonna do about it?

  "We can run." He held tighter onto Yoongi out of fear of being looked at as weird for his solution. The shop window was starting to make noises from the rain and Taehyung just stared at it for a good few seconds. "Or we can just stay here until the storms go away."

  Yoongi shook his head and looked over at the bakery shop workers, who looked clearly ready to leave the shop already. "This place closes early today. The storms are staying until eight." He stated quietly. Taehyung frowned as he looked away from the window and caught Yoongi's worried face as he stared down at his own hand in his small lap.

  "Well then I guess we have to run in the rain." Taehyung bit his lip out of guilt. "I'm sorry this date sucks. It didn't go as planned. We were supposed to get cute strawberry foods and drink warm beverages and talk like normal people do on dates. But I was nervous and didn't talk much and now it's storming and we walked here and with no umbrella.." He watched as the storms picked up.

  "Tae." Yoongi squeezed Taehyung's hand as he looked pitifully outside of the window. "This date wasn't bad at all." He nudged him softly, earning Taehyung's attention. "I loved learning how much you love strawberries. I was shy too. I was nervous too. And you can't control the weather, Tae." Yoongi gave him a reassuring smile. "Let's just run like idiots in the rain. Make the most out of it. It sounds fun."

  Taehyung's whole body froze as Yoongi laughed, his gummy smile showing.

  "Why are you looking at me like that?" Yoongi laughed harder. "Let's go. It's okay."

  With that, they did run like idiots in the rain. They could've just called one of their friends to come and get them, but they wanted to be completely alone for this date. They didn't want any interruptions. So they ran.

  In the rain.

  Like idiots.

~