Chapter 83: The priest

Have you guys seen the trailer for season 5? It made me even more eager to see it! I can't wait until the 8th! It needs to come out now QAQ

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We were moving once again, heading west like we planned, we were hoping to find a vehicle so we could get Eugene to Washington though Rick still isn't sure whether we should or not. Not to long ago i had asked Carl what happened to Beth but he shook his head and said he'll tell me when they have more privacy. Daryl shot a walker in the head with his crossbow, scowling as he pulled the arrow out and back into the bow before moving on, Carl glanced down at the fallen walker, it was a female.

He let my hand go for a second and ran over to the walker, grabbing something on the body he stuffed it into his pocket and ran back to me. Cocking a brow i decided to voice my concerns "what was that all about?" i asked, he shook his head "nothing, it's fine" opening my mouth to question further i was cut off by a scream "SOMEONE!! HELP ME PLEASE!!" Carl and i ran ahead towards Rick who shook his head "dad, please" Carl pleaded.

With a sigh Rick nodded and with a small hand motion we all took off towards the scream, on a boulder kicking at the walkers below was an African American man, he wore black robes with a white square on the collar, a priest! Removing my daggers from their holsters i held the blades outwards before stabbing two walkers in the temple simultaneiously. Carl, Daryl, and Abraham whistled at my skill to which i rolled my eyes.

Swinging the blades which flicked off the blood i pocketed them in my leg holster once again and jogged up to the priest. Handing my hand out to him, he graciously took it before jumping down "thank you, i can't thank you enough" he sighed in relief and looked down at the fallen dead. Pressing his fingers to his forehead, then to the left of his chest, the right and then his abdomen in a cross he chanted something under his breath.

Carl ran over taking my free hand and tugging me away from the priest who let go of my hand "would you like to come to my church, it's not too far from here and i have some food and shelter" he offered, Rick looked him up and down "how many walkers have you killed?" he asked "you mean the dead? None" we all seemed confused by that "i hide out in the church, i'm a man of god i do not kill" he justified "even if they're already dead and try to eat you?" i asked humoured, he gulped and nodded "how many people have you killed?" Rick then asked.

The priest looked down at his feet, causing me to raise a brow "none" he replied "why?" Daryl asked "because like i said i'm a man of God" he cleared his throat. Rick sighed putting his hand on his hip over his holster sending a message to the priest saying that if this is a trap he will not hesitate to shoot. We followed the eager Priest "i'm Gabriel, and you are?" he asked us all.

Hesitantly we introduced ourselves, these days names have no power, it doesn't matter who you are you're going to die in the end anyway so we shouldn't have trouble saying our names. Though i guess it's a force of habit? Carl reached into his pocket to clutch the object he had gotten from the walker as he gazed at Gabriel slight hope lingering in his eyes.

Deciding not to question it and to admire the sparkle that remained i kept silent with a smile on my face, not long after we came upon a white chapel. The church, Rosita, Eugene and Abraham immideately jogged over to the large school bus at the side to check the engine and all that while Gabriel reached into his pocket and removed a key before opening the door.

The church was like any other, there were pews and a stand for papers at the centre, a stain glass window above it so light streamed down at whoever gave a speech giving them a holy appearance or whatever. There were boxes of empty tins pushed against the wall, 'food run' was written on them, sitting in a pew Carl next to me he once again reached into his pocket and began fiddling with what he picked up "Carl, seriously what is it?" i asked.

He took his hand from his pocket "it's nothing okay" he sighed, rolling my eyes i decided not to argue, no matter how much it irritated me he'll tell me when he's ready. Soon after everyone strolled in and Gabriel shut the doors, locking them as well, for safety of course he's not stupid enough to take on all of us...or is he?